I am trying to troubleshoot an email problem for my boss. He has an iPhone 5 and is set up on our company's exchange email. It's hosted exchange, so there's nothing on our side that we can modify.

The problem that's coming up is that every so often, Exchange will sort of "hang" and stop syncing. He will receive emails on his desktop, but mail on his iPhone will show "last updated ....." and it could be 10 minutes ago, or 90 minutes ago.

I tried dragging the inbox down to make it refresh, and the little wheel just started spinning and didn't stop.

If he does a restart - or a power down and start up - his email will sync again. Sometimes it will stop a day or so later, other times maybe a week. Then he needs to restart in order to get his email. You can see that this would be a problem if he's not on site and only has his iPhone. He might not realize that he hasn't synced in the last 3 hours...

Is this something that's common or that the community is aware of? What are the resolutions? I believe that he's on iOS 8 right now (not sure if it's the latest version or not, but I will ensure that's the case).

TIA!
    06-02-2015 03:42 PM
    Here are a couple of things to try:

1) Reset Network Settings

2) Remove and then recreate the account on the device
    06-02-2015 03:50 PM
    I get this from time to time (think it started in 8.2) and less often in 8.4 beta. I just close the app from the app switcher and it works again when I open it.
    06-02-2015 07:51 PM
    I get this from time to time (think it started in 8.2) and less often in 8.4 beta. I just close the app from the app switcher and it works again when I open it.
    So, with the 8.4 beta you don't see this issue as often? Anything else positive you've noticed with this beta?
    06-02-2015 09:59 PM
    Mine stopped syncing after Monday. Still not working.
    06-03-2015 08:23 AM
    Here are a couple of things to try:

1) Reset Network Settings

2) Remove and then recreate the account on the device

Mine is doing the same thing and these fixes are on temporary
    06-03-2015 11:43 AM
    Just download the Outlook mail app. This will solve all of your problems...
    06-03-2015 12:12 PM
    So, with the 8.4 beta you don't see this issue as often? Anything else positive you've noticed with this beta?
    Correct, not as often. It hasn't happened to me since the latest beta actually. Anything I've noticed (besides the music overhaul) is nominal.
    06-03-2015 09:25 PM