It's been about 8 months since the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been released and there are still a lot of apps that aren't optimized for the bigger screens. The apps that I have used that aren't yet optimized are receiving regular updates though. Just wondering if there is an explanation as to why they are being updated but not optimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-17-2015 07:30 AM
    Which apps? They don't say, "optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 Plus". They say, "optimized for iPhone 5." That's because the aspect ratio is the same. You check the update history to see if they updated for the larger screens. Many apps do fine as they were before the 6. Do you have an issue with one?
    Closingracer likes this.
    05-17-2015 10:59 AM
    I have a few. My Dunkin Donuts app was just updated. But it's not optimized. Meijer, 30 day challenge, Starbucks just to name a few.

05-17-2015 11:05 AM
    PayPal too.

05-17-2015 12:44 PM
    Worse even more so for the iPhone 6 plus being that it's a 1080p screen.

Any time I use an app not optimized everything pretty much goes to "zoomed in" mode and is straining on the eyes
    05-19-2015 07:58 PM
    Contact the developers. Sounds like they are either lazy or have other priorities.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    05-19-2015 08:20 PM
    Here are a few notable apps that aren't optimized for the larger sized iPhones.

1. WatchESPN
    2. Gas Guru
    3. WWE
    4. TinyPDF
    5. FedEx Mobile
    6. UPS
    7. NCAA Sports
    8. OpenVPN Connect
    9. Starbucks
    10. Dunkin' Donuts
    Closingracer likes this.
    05-19-2015 09:36 PM
    WWE I have and I wish they'd update it. Apps still not updated for iPhone 6-imoreappimg_20150520_070038.jpgApps still not updated for iPhone 6-imoreappimg_20150520_070043.jpg

You can tell the difference between the app and normal home page from my carrier name alone.

Thankfully square just recently updated their square register app. That was another one that annoyed me.

I actually had to uninstall the Starbucks app after I loaded the card into my passbook. Done that for a lot of non optimized apps that are passbook capable.
    05-20-2015 07:02 AM
    Does anyone know why they are updating the app but not optimizing them?

05-20-2015 07:43 AM
    Does anyone know why they are updating the app but not optimizing them?

As someone else pointed out, laziness of the developer.
    05-20-2015 07:50 AM
    As someone else pointed out, laziness of the developer.
    Please don't misquote me. What I said was:
    Contact the developers. Sounds like they are either lazy or have other priorities.
    05-20-2015 08:29 AM
    Which apps? They don't say, "optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 Plus". They say, "optimized for iPhone 5." That's because the aspect ratio is the same. You check the update history to see if they updated for the larger screens. Many apps do fine as they were before the 6. Do you have an issue with one?
    Tbh I don't see a huge difference between iPhone 5 apps and optimized iPhone 6 apps. Would it be nice to have? Yes but not a huge deal Imo. I would like optimized apps from older apps that is still at 3.5 screen size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-20-2015 10:32 PM
    Tbh I don't see a huge difference between iPhone 5 apps and optimized iPhone 6 apps. Would it be nice to have? Yes but not a huge deal Imo. I would like optimized apps from older apps that is still at 3.5 screen size

The one thing that I don't like about the apps that aren't optimized is the keyboard. It is way too big. And after having gotten used to the regular keyboard, I find my typing is off when it is blown up.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-20-2015 11:05 PM
    Watch ESPN doesn't even have an iOS 7 look to it. It's very ugly but I'm sure that's being worked on now that ESPN released a very nice ESPN app.

I've heard through the grapevine that WWE will have a complete design overhaul of their app.

Another to add to the list is American Express.
    05-21-2015 09:06 PM
    These kind of changes are easier for some developers than others. And it doesn't always come cheap.
    05-22-2015 05:12 AM
    These kind of changes are easier for some developers than others. And it doesn't always come cheap.
    Sure I can understand that. But some of the apps that haven't been updated aren't from small companies. I'm talking about Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, NBA.com, PayPal. These are really big companies who should be able to do what it takes to optimize their apps.

05-22-2015 08:39 AM
    Sure I can understand that. But some of the apps that haven't been updated aren't from small companies. I'm talking about Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, NBA.com, PayPal. These are really big companies who should be able to do what it takes to optimize their apps.

What's wrong with them. Are they not usable or readable? I'm at a disadvantage. I still use my iP 5.
    05-22-2015 09:40 AM
    The one thing that I don't like about the apps that aren't optimized is the keyboard. It is way too big. And after having gotten used to the regular keyboard, I find my typing is off when it is blown up.

Eh I've gotten used to it and not that much bigger

05-22-2015 10:28 AM
    What's wrong with them. Are they not usable or readable? I'm at a disadvantage. I still use my iP 5.

There isn't really any "issues" with them. Still can use them as they are

05-22-2015 10:29 AM

And now a optimized iPhone 6 plus app

05-22-2015 10:31 AM
    There isn't really any "issues" with them. Still can use them as they are

I'm guessing some are optimized for the 5 and up. But the description just doesn't get updated to say 6 and 6 Plus.
    05-22-2015 10:31 AM
    I'm guessing some are optimized for the 5 and up. But the description just doesn't get updated to say 6 and 6 Plus.
    They do say optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 plus. The ones that say optimized for iPhone 5 will be stretched out a bit. The keyboard gets bigger slightly as I tried to show you in the pictures

I wish they fixed apps like this which is for the iPhone 3.5 inch screens

05-22-2015 10:33 AM
    They do say optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 plus. The ones that say optimized for iPhone 5 will be stretched out a bit. The keyboard gets bigger slightly as I tried to show you in the pictures

With my fat fingers, I like the bigger keyboard. Do you see shooting stars?
    05-22-2015 10:35 AM
    With my fat fingers, I like the bigger keyboard. Do you see shooting stars?
    With the keyboard? Yes

05-22-2015 10:36 AM
    With the keyboard? Yes

I'll be beta testing for SwiftKey soon. They ain't done yet!
    05-22-2015 11:04 AM
27 12