Apps still not updated for iPhone 6

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's been about 8 months since the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been released and there are still a lot of apps that aren't optimized for the bigger screens. The apps that I have used that aren't yet optimized are receiving regular updates though. Just wondering if there is an explanation as to why they are being updated but not optimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Which apps? They don't say, "optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 Plus". They say, "optimized for iPhone 5." That's because the aspect ratio is the same. You check the update history to see if they updated for the larger screens. Many apps do fine as they were before the 6. Do you have an issue with one?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a few. My Dunkin Donuts app was just updated. But it's not optimized. Meijer, 30 day challenge, Starbucks just to name a few.

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Worse even more so for the iPhone 6 plus being that it's a 1080p screen.

Any time I use an app not optimized everything pretty much goes to "zoomed in" mode and is straining on the eyes

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Contact the developers. Sounds like they are either lazy or have other priorities.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few notable apps that aren't optimized for the larger sized iPhones.

1. WatchESPN
2. Gas Guru
3. WWE
4. TinyPDF
5. FedEx Mobile
6. UPS
7. NCAA Sports
8. OpenVPN Connect
9. Starbucks
10. Dunkin' Donuts

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
WWE I have and I wish they'd update it. iMoreAppImg_20150520_070038.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150520_070043.jpg

You can tell the difference between the app and normal home page from my carrier name alone.

Thankfully square just recently updated their square register app. That was another one that annoyed me.

I actually had to uninstall the Starbucks app after I loaded the card into my passbook. Done that for a lot of non optimized apps that are passbook capable.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Which apps? They don't say, "optimized for iPhone 6 or 6 Plus". They say, "optimized for iPhone 5." That's because the aspect ratio is the same. You check the update history to see if they updated for the larger screens. Many apps do fine as they were before the 6. Do you have an issue with one?

Tbh I don't see a huge difference between iPhone 5 apps and optimized iPhone 6 apps. Would it be nice to have? Yes but not a huge deal Imo. I would like optimized apps from older apps that is still at 3.5 screen size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Tbh I don't see a huge difference between iPhone 5 apps and optimized iPhone 6 apps. Would it be nice to have? Yes but not a huge deal Imo. I would like optimized apps from older apps that is still at 3.5 screen size

The one thing that I don't like about the apps that aren't optimized is the keyboard. It is way too big. And after having gotten used to the regular keyboard, I find my typing is off when it is blown up.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Watch ESPN doesn't even have an iOS 7 look to it. It's very ugly but I'm sure that's being worked on now that ESPN released a very nice ESPN app.

I've heard through the grapevine that WWE will have a complete design overhaul of their app.

Another to add to the list is American Express.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
These kind of changes are easier for some developers than others. And it doesn't always come cheap.

Sure I can understand that. But some of the apps that haven't been updated aren't from small companies. I'm talking about Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, NBA.com, PayPal. These are really big companies who should be able to do what it takes to optimize their apps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure I can understand that. But some of the apps that haven't been updated aren't from small companies. I'm talking about Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, NBA.com, PayPal. These are really big companies who should be able to do what it takes to optimize their apps.

What's wrong with them. Are they not usable or readable? I'm at a disadvantage. I still use my iP 5.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The one thing that I don't like about the apps that aren't optimized is the keyboard. It is way too big. And after having gotten used to the regular keyboard, I find my typing is off when it is blown up.

Eh I've gotten used to it and not that much bigger

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
2d4dda54a8e7b63e28ecaba2ebde0feb.jpg

d08ceeb2d71821fddc89e580ac3293ce.jpg

And now a optimized iPhone 6 plus app

95c94c9035444f96316b637ab368238d.jpg

Trending Posts