iOS Mail vs. Outlook Mail app

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious. Since the iOS has a built in Mail app, does one use a separate Mail app? Possibly one like Outlook Mail?

The internal iOS Mail app seems to do everything, so why do we need the likes of Outlook Mail?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If one's primary email is an Outlook account, it makes sense to use their app for it... For my purposes, the stock iOS app is sufficient.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The only real reason for Outlook mail is if you have the need for push email for non exchange accounts like yahoo or gmail. That's why I use it over the stock client

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The stock iOS Mail app lacks the ability to add attachments other than pictures and video, or share/save as a PDF for example http://forums.imore.com/ios-8/326147-export-save-pdf-native-ios-apps.html

If adding attachments to new emails or in a reply to situation is not important, then the above is probably not a big deal.

I do like the native Mail app - and generally prefer native apps for core functionality like mail, messaging, browsers... and am trying out Outlook side by side for one of my IMAP accounts to see how I like it and how reliably it performs.

^^^ + what eb_therebel said.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used them both as well as the Yahoo Mail app, and if either were my sole email account, then I would want to use the associated app to get the best user experience. Having said that, I have 4 email accounts configured and the native email app is more sufficient for my needs, but I would like it to be modern, for lack of a better term. I'd definitely like to see my reminders displayed alongside my calendar events.

raddbj03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I use the outlook app, IMO works much better than stock app for my work outlook mail.

I've also tried gmail on it for my personal email accounts but I prefer Inbox app for that.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Stock one for me. Does everything I need. Also use it on my work phone with exchange and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2