Why is Safari useless after 8.3 upgrade?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6+, 64GB
After upgrade to IOS 8.2 and 8.3 Safari no longer works, e.g. I can enter a search "term" in the URL search bar and nothing happens when I press GO. Normally, as I begin to enter the term it would begin to show possible sites below even before pressing GO. I ca launch a site from my bookmarks and the blue progress line at the top goes maybe ?" from left to right, it then stalls there and does nothing else and sometimes my phone will revert to the home screen.

This happens on my iPad Air 2 after upgrade to 8.3. Attempted Fixes:
-Reset Network Setting.
-Cycle on/off
-Reset holding home button and off switch
-I've restore both to factory defaults per the Genius at Apple Store, with a new install of 8.2 and 8.3 on the iPhone. Both worked for a time then reverted back to useless status. Chrome works OK on both. My iPhone also has suddenly stopped working with bluetooth in my FJ Cruiser. It went from no problem to no music after a short stop. I tried to reconnect various ways to no avail. Phone will work over BT but not the player. Radio shows the song playing but no sound out of speakers. iPhone works with Airport Express via BT at home but not in FJ.

Researching online someone posted a note about log files indicating a problem with Safari not disconnecting properly, etc. Not exactly sure what that was about but would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same issues and what might be done to fix. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many threads are you going to create anonymously comparing Safari to Chrome and blaming iOS 8.2 & 8.3 for Safari not meeting your expectations like Chrome does? Just asking.

psimonjr

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I restored from a new copy. After which Safari worked for several days then reverted back to the same behavior.

Further troubleshooting on the BT problem: I tried connecting my iPhone to the radio in the FJ via USB cable and with a cable from the headphone jack to AUX on the radio. The same behavior. The radio display shows the music/audiobook playing on my iPhone but no sound comes out of the radio speakers. I tried changing the "connection" via Airplay to be certain it would play thru the radio, but this made no difference. The phone still works fine over BT.

I can also plug in a set of earbuds to my iPhone and I hear everything fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods