iPad Mini iCloud Storage Showing 1.0GB HELP!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Really strange but my iPad mini all of a sudden shows an iCloud storage of 1.0GB with 300GB Used!

My iPhone shows 5.0GB with 180GB used.

Both using the same account so why is my iPad now saying 1.0GB is my storage option when it should be 5.0gb? The amount used is irrelevant it's the total storage that is wrong!

Any ideas? Is it a bug or corruption? All iOS devices on 8.3

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you looking in Settings > iCloud > Storage > Total Storage?

If you are looking at the correct location, try signing out of iCloud on that device, rebooting, and then signing back in.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep that's where I'm looking! worryingly I tried deleting all ipad backups then doing a new backup then signing out then just now I wiped and set up as new and it still shows a total storage of 1.0GB however my iphone shows correctly.

Any one else got this issue?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It all started tonight when I was copying some music over to my ipad mini 16gb and I noticed when I connected it to iTunes it said low memory and showed only 150mb free! Then I sync'd and it went upto 2gb which is where I expected it to be. Then I noticed that my icloud total storage for my ipad showed 1.0gb total storage and 679mb free when my ipad mini icloud backups are around 80mb so something wasn't right. I deleted the backup and made another and then signed out and still no change then wiped and setup as new and the moment I was put back into the get started stage with nothing on it I checked and still the 1.0gb with 679mb free and backups showing "never".

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It's now 23:30 here on a Sunday night and I'm started to wish I hadn't just decided to chuck a new mix on my iPad. Eek!!!

In hindsight I should have kept my iCloud backup and setup as new and if that didn't fix I could have just restored the iCloud back anyways as id be no worse off. What I did was delete all iCloud backups then wipe it in the thought I'd eliminate any possible interference

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's the screen grab of my iPhone 6 which is displaying fine and using the same iCloud/iTunes account.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1428884175.542558.jpg

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Then we have the same screen but on my 16gb iPad mini

Same account etc! How strange? I've deleted all iCloud backups one by one and with none displaying the iPhone says 5GB total storage and the iPad reports 1GB total storage. What's odd is the iPad mini that reports 1GB is then deducting the size of both iPhone and iPad backups from the 1GB to leave an available of about 700MB so if I have big backups where I backed up my photos I'm sure it would say no space or something.

I've arranged a call from apple support tomorrow in case they can refresh my account and resolve this as it's obviously so type of bug. Can't see how I'm the only one who's ever had this! Can't find anything other than people saying their backups are reporting the wrong size whereas mine is the total storage reporting wrong.

Weirdly my iPad randomly reported only 150mb free space earlier and then when I connected to iTunes it suddenly went to 2GB where it should have been and I have no idea what caused the phantom usage!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1428884613.008864.jpg

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So after some searching on Twitter it seems this isn't just me and others have this phantom 1.0 GB iPad Mini Total Storage issue!

https://twitter.com/miss_lochness/status/586812802154627072

Really wish I'd have seen this before wiping my ipad and spending hours setting it up again as new! I'd have expected some of the users on here to also be affected and reply aswell so either it's a quiet day or only some affected.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke on the phone with Apple Support and they have the exact same on their iPad and iPod Touch so this isn't isolated to just me. They say they are probably working on it now but we're not aware and have made notes as they expect to have more people call about this.

He seemed to think it was something that happened over the weekend as it wasn't like this last week including after Wednesday's iOS update.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I had this issues after i enabled Photos then disab'ed it because it didn't sync correctly. After that, my icloud storage on my iphone went crazy, like it didn't take into account my photos anymore. I deleted my iPhone icloud save then did it again from scratch! Now it is back to normal :)

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same, the 1gb total storage. I discovered it immediately after the latest ios update (clean install). Could it be related to that update?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same, the 1gb total storage. I discovered it immediately after the latest ios update (clean install). Could it be related to that update?

Yeah it's definitely related to 8.3. I even wiped all my iCloud backups and wiped my iPad then did a clean instal as a new device and immediately after rebooting from the wipe so without doing anything it still showed the 1.0 GB. I spoke to Apple on the telephone support call and they guy checked his iPod and said it was showing exactly the same as my iPad mini so it's not just iPads. He said he hadn't seen it and it wasn't like that last week but was pleased that I had reported it as he expected lots of calls about it. He said it will likely be sorted in a new iOS update. He said that although it's reporting incorrectly we do still have 5.0 GB total storage so that's ok I guess.

I'm surprised more aren't affected, I'd have expected loads of people on here to report this or perhaps they just haven't checked! My iPhone 6 isn't suffering from this.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow that's interesting! Thanks for letting me know. I wonder what the criteria is for who's affected? Mine's an iPad Mini 16GB (Original Mini). I have a 64GB iPhone 6 that isn't affected.

The apple support guy tried his iPod whilst on the phone and he was affected also but not sure which iPod, obviously a touch but that's all I can tell.

I'm really surprised only me and you are affected out of all the users on here, normally tons of people suffering from things like this. Also what's odd is although it says 1.0 GB total for the iPad is then shows a random free storage amount of about 700MB which just doesn't add up as my iPhone and iPad iCloud backups combined are about 188MB so I'm not sure where the 300 MB of used space it's reporting comes from.

Is yours also reporting a random available space?

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it says 906mb available while I rarely use iCloud. I estimate in reality I only use 62mb max.

56.2 MB iPhone backup
5.2 MB mail
196.3 KB documents and data which actually is only one file from OfficeSuit free. These numbers look the same to me as previously.

Nicole

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it says 906mb available while I rarely use iCloud. I estimate in reality I only use 62mb max.

56.2 MB iPhone backup
5.2 MB mail
196.3 KB documents and data which actually is only one file from OfficeSuit free. These numbers look the same to me as previously.

Nicole

Yeah that sounds about the same as mine in terms of ratio. Not quite sure where it's plucking these figures from but will just await the next iOS update to hopefully fix it. Cheers for taking the time to reply to me!

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Darran,
I too contacted Apple support this afternoon and spoke to a senior. After he verified my account (with the secret questions) he could see I still have the 5gb and that indeed I almost used no storage.

I did the 8.3 as clean install but used the iTunes backup later.
He asked me to do a clean install and set up as new (not using the backup) and then check total storage. This to exclude the (display) error is generated by the backup.

I hope to do this tonight and report back.

He also said that if he can't solve it for me this problem goes up one level (to the software developers).

Stay tuned :)
Nicole

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nicole

I can't save you the trouble, I've already done this haha! It was one of the first things I did. I did a complete wipe including deleting all my iCloud data just to be safe and then setup as a brand new device and immediately after rebooting from the reset and before Doug anything other than connecting to wifi and logging in with my iTunes account it still reported 1.0 GB but this time total and available of course. I was pretty gutted if even bothered to do this when I realised it didn't help as its s pain to put my content back as I manually manage my music and videos etc.

When I spoke to the apple support on the phone the guy checked his iPod touch and he had exactly the same problem as me and wasn't aware of it until I told him so I think this will be an iOS update fix. I'd wait until the next update is released and if that doesn't fix this then I'd try another clean install just to save you the hassle. Like you he also confirmed that I did have 5.0 GB so it was all ok just reporting wrong.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Also Nicole I'm not sure I mentioned but the way I discovered this was I was copying over some music to my iPad mini after 8.3 and noticed I'd lost about 4GB of free space then all this started. I did get some of the space back by just syncing but not all.

I've just found this online also

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6983223

Then I found this on the apple forums so others are now noticing it...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6995538

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal