iPad Mini iCloud Storage Showing 1.0GB HELP!

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Darran,
I knew you already did a clean install but that senior asked me to do so, to exclude the backup was the problem. I decided to do it because he wants to send this problem to the software developers if he can't solve it for me.
Thought it's important to follow his instructions so that he is convinced too :)
I already reported back to him, as expected it didn't make a difference. Next step is sending him Screenshots :)

Glad you reported that problem here as I didn't bother at first, but it's important to make Apple aware of it.

Ps checking the links you gave later.

Last edited:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Darran,
I knew you already did a clean install but that senior asked me to do so, to exclude the backup was the problem. I decided to do it because he wants to send this problem to the software developers if he can't solve it for me.
Thought it's important to follow his instructions so that he is convinced too :)
I already reported back to him, as expected it didn't make a difference. Next step is sending him Screenshots :)

Glad you reported that problem here as I didn't bother at first, but it's important to make Apple aware of it.

Ps checking the links you gave later.

Oh no worries...

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked to see if it's backing up to iCloud automatically? My iPad that is suffering from this issue is also not backing up nightly by itself!

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
No I didn't. Will try next charge :)
Expecting a phone call from Apple support Tuesday afternoon. Thanks for letting me know you have another problem with iCloud.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My old 4S has the same issue with iCloud showing 1 GB total storage but it says underneath 2.8 GB available.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, mine is the same where it shows correctly at the bottom progress bar.

Do you also have the issue where automatic iCloud backups aren't happening as well?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone, mine is the same where it shows correctly at the bottom progress bar.

Do you also have the issue where automatic iCloud backups aren't happening as well?

Mine is backing up as far as I can tell.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is backing up as far as I can tell.

My iPad which is the one suffering from the 1.0 GB issue isn't backing up by its own accord. Basically when I check Settings>iCloud>Backup the date is the last time I manually forced a backup which was a couple of days ago! I've left it about three days since and isn't still not backed up by itself. As if expect prior to this iCloud storage issue it would backup each day as do all my iOS devices.

Just for the doubters it is connected to wifi, locked, plugged in and backup toggled on. I've also reboot and toggled backup off and on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My iPad which is the one suffering from the 1.0 GB issue isn't backing up by its own accord. Basically when I check Settings>iCloud>Backup the date is the last time I manually forced a backup which was a couple of days ago! I've left it about three days since and isn't still not backed up by itself. As if expect prior to this iCloud storage issue it would backup each day as do all my iOS devices.

Just for the doubters it is connected to wifi, locked, plugged in and backup toggled on. I've also reboot and toggled backup off and on.
Like any computer, these little ones are by no means perfect. If they were, sites like iMore and Android Central would cease to exist. Sometimes problems like this go away on their own, and other times it may take a restore as new. Hopefully yours fixes itself.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My 1st gen iPad mini has this iCloud 1gb issue, although on the storage screen it shows that I have 5gb. available. My 5S and 1st gen iPad Air do not have this issue.

I don't use iCloud for backups so idk if that's effected.

I will contact Apple to report it, but otherwise because I don't use iCloud it's not a major issue for me as it may be for others that do utilize the cloud.

Just to add, I reset the mini to new just yesterday and re-downloaded everything fresh but that didn't change things.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My 1st gen iPad mini has this iCloud 1gb issue, although on the storage screen it shows that I have 5gb. available. My 5S and 1st gen iPad Air do not have this issue.

I don't use iCloud for backups so idk if that's effected.

I will contact Apple to report it, but otherwise because I don't use iCloud it's not a major issue for me as it may be for others that do utilize the cloud.

Just to add, I reset the mini to new just yesterday and re-downloaded everything fresh but that didn't change things.

Thanks mine's the same, it only affects my iPad mini gen 1 and I've wiped and setup as a new device and still the same. Plus like you mine shows only 1.0 GB total but at the bottom shows the correct 5.0gb.

My iPhone 6 isn't affected.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My iP 5 shows it on one page, but go farther and it shows correct at the bottom.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
First shows correct.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429645808.792209.jpg

Then wrong:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429645829.823538.jpg
Then correct again:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429645851.891985.jpg
It's an Apple booboo.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this on my iPhone 5 and iPad2, both on iOS 8.3. Going into the actual iCloud info shows the correct amount.

I'm not concerned. I back up my devices to iTunes, not iCloud, my calendar and contacts are synched through Google and I'm not using iTunes Match, so I've got plenty of available space.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone else who's affected by this confirm if their automatic iCloud backups are still happening? Mine's stopped happening along with the 1.0 GB issue which is more worrying as I keep forgetting to force a manual backup after doing a bit of work on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR