BUG: IOS8.3 Music app crashes with smart playlists

malemansd

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Updated four devices to 8.3....now Music app is constantly crashing. Seems to have something to do with the presence of auto-updating smart playlists on the device. One iPhone music immediately crashes out even after rebooting phone. Another iphone lets the Music app start, but when you are playing an auto-updating smart playlist and skip a song or two, it immediately crashes the Music app.

malemansd

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...I know all too well of the Apple Feedback mechanism and have used it to report this issue. By posting here I'm hoping to do two things: See if I'm alone, and if not, raising the awareness of this bug similarly asthe touch-ID/appstore bug that also surfaced in 8.3 in the hopes that it catches Apple's eye and really gets fixed. Tons of "Apple Feedback"s report bugs that have been unresolved during several IOS updates. That feedback mechanism yields spotty results compared to bugs that make "the front page" on sites such as this. This is a big one that hasn't, sofar, garnered much attention.

hollowman3087

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Having issues with iPad after updating iOS to 8.3. Specifically around video not playing on iplayer, YouTube, Netflix and Amazon prime. Video just goes into a permanent loading screen but won't play anything! Any ideas?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Updated four devices to 8.3....now Music app is constantly crashing. Seems to have something to do with the presence of auto-updating smart playlists on the device. One iPhone music immediately crashes out even after rebooting phone. Another iphone lets the Music app start, but when you are playing an auto-updating smart playlist and skip a song or two, it immediately crashes the Music app.

No such problem here, and a live updating playlist is the primary playlist on my iPhone. (I just wish it would live-update ON the phone, not merely when I sync it to iTunes...)

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
i also have this problem and is REALLY annoying. Hope they release 8.4 ASAP with the new music app, and i hope that it's bug free

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods