Basically, who uses SSH to get into their phones and access data to backup.......like game saves? Anyone? If so, too bad. It's gone with 8.3.
    04-09-2015 04:12 PM
    Can't developers write their apps such that game data can be saved to iCloud and/or computer-iTunes and restored?
    04-09-2015 04:29 PM
    Games saves should be backed up with iCloud or iTunes backups.
    04-09-2015 04:53 PM
    Can't developers write their apps such that game data can be saved to iCloud and/or computer-iTunes and restored?
    They have that option yes, but iCloud has been a problem in the past with making the database sync up. That's why some have resorted to having you make an account on their system, among other things. Some don't for some reason.

Games saves should be backed up with iCloud or iTunes backups.
    They should, but for some of us who start from scratch for whatever reasons don't want to use backups. In the past, backups sometimes contained corrupted data that may have caused the issue that necessitated the restore. In those instances, I would just manually pull data before the wipe and add it after the game install.

I'm just whining, but I think that ability was important for some people and reasons.
    04-09-2015 05:07 PM
    I'm just whining, but I think that ability was important for some people and reasons.
    Well I'm assuming that that has always been a back door method and people who used it must have realized Apple could try to shut it down whenever they wanted.
    04-09-2015 05:20 PM