8.3 email issues

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just downloaded 8.3 ota, and I'm having some email issues. My emails seem to be coming through, but every time I open the app I get "Cannot Get Mail The connection to the server failed" popup. It's not a huge deal since email seems to be working (unless one of the fewer used accounts I have can't access the server). It's just really annoying to have to hit OK every time I open the mail app. Also it pops up periodically if I keep the mail app open longer than 20-30 seconds.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's possible the email provider is having an issue... things to try - reset network settings... since you updated OTA... try restoring via iTunes.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's possible the email provider is having an issue... things to try - reset network settings... since you updated OTA... try restoring via iTunes.

I really don't want to have to restore. Such a pain considering I just had to do it last week for a separate issue. I'm gonna delete my secondary email accounts to see if it's an issue on their end. I did a hard reset. I didn't think to try resetting network settings because I'm not having any wifi or cell signal issues, just the email issue.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Seems to have something to do with my hotmail/outlook account. Never really worked to well to begin with. Guess I'll just deal with that account on my MBP.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems to have something to do with my hotmail/outlook account. Never really worked to well to begin with. Guess I'll just deal with that account on my MBP.

Sometimes those issues like that clear up on their own.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sometimes those issues like that clear up on their own.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

I honestly don't see it clearing up anytime soon. I've had every iPhone since the 3G, and have never gotten that account to work properly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My Outlook.com/Hotmail account is my most used account and I've yet to run into problems like that on any of the iPhones I've had it configured with. Is it currently configured using the Exchange option or the Outlook.com option?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That's driving me crazy because I can't understand what could be causing the problem. I mean, with the exception of internet service connectivity issues, you should not be having the issues on every iPhone you've configured the account with. Now that I'm thinking about it, the problem could indeed be the aforementioned.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That's driving me crazy because I can't understand what could be causing the problem. I mean, with the exception of internet service connectivity issues, you should not be having the issues on every iPhone you've configured the account with. Now that I'm thinking about it, the problem could indeed be the aforementioned.

It's the strangest thing. The account works, because I can send email from it on my iPhone, but I never actually get the messages from that account on my phone. I.E. I just sent myself an email from my iCloud address to the Outlook address, nothing happens. However, if I send a message from my Outlook address to my iCloud address from my phone it's there in a second. My Outlook account just never receives mail on my phone. If I login on my MBP they're there.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The main culprit IMO is Active Sync and any email associated with it. It has loads of issues on mobile devices in general. Exchange itself is usually not the root of the problem, but ActiveSync and its connectivity protocol tend to be the one with issues.

Moises Miramontes

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi there!! I have the same problems with my email app, I have an iPhone 5; ever since I upgraded into iOS 8.3 I can't connect to my Yahoo email account. The odd thing is that I can send emails, but I can't receive any new incoming email. I tried deleting several times my email account and resetting my device, but nothing seemed to work.

Same as you, I can't afford to get my iPhone restore using my last backup; I have too many data stored in another apps, it will take forever to get it back in. I placed a question/help request in the Apple Support Forums, hope can get a response to resolve the issue...

Last edited:

Saednajjar

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i found the solution for this issue..
Go to your Microsoft Account from web browser, delete your phone number and delete two-step verification.
it works for me now as i had the same issue before..
Have fun..

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just download Yahoo Mail App. It showed I had 3 email and the mail app on iPhone 6 shows 3 unread but they don't come up so I can read them, just shows 3 unread email. I can read them on the Yahoo Mail App easy enough. Going with that until the damn thing is fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods