iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with apple's ota updates. Back in the day with Palm, I would get a 'clogged' system after a few patches and had to finally install the new OS as a fresh complete install. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Same here. I've never had a problem with Apple's OTA updates.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just toggled mine off then entered my password and it worked again.
I haven't downloaded anything new from the App Store as of late, but I did this just in case my Touch ID might have had that issue so now I don't have to worry about.

I usually do all my updates thru usb to iTunes. This was the first time I did it from my phone ota and I'm happy with the results, so depending on the size of the updates, I may do them ota here and there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Never an OTA issue with mine or my Wife's updates either. It has always gone smooooth! iOS 7 took the longest time at a little over an hour. I have never updated using iTunes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

wylliefox

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Well just updated, and so far everything working ok, feels slicker now and the net is faster, like I remember before going to ios8. Fingers crossed.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Me too. It's the 3rd party keyboards that cause the messages issues. I don't know if it's Apple or the Keyboard apps that need to fix it. But someone needs to!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

From what I've been reading its a ram issue. 3rd party keyboards only have a limited amount of ram to run within that Apple has designated and once they pass it the keyboard crashes. I have no idea if this is true but that's what I've read.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue where you have your phone on charge and it gets stuck on 99% and then you take it off charge and plug it back in and it automatically says 100% or is this just me?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've already posted a thread about this but thought it might be helpful to add my 8.3 issue in here too.

iPad Mini reporting Total iCloud Storage of 1.0 GB with an available storage size which equals both my iPhone and iPad backups combined. Luckily I don't backup photos to iCloud so the total backup size for iPhone and iPad is less than 300MB.

My iPhone which is also running 8.3 and has the same iCloud/Apple ID is reporting correctly 5.0 GB Total Size so it's only my iPad Mini that is displaying incorrectly.

Found a girl on Twitter who has the exact same issue after updating to iOS 8.3. Wondered if anyone else is experiencing it? Most probably wouldn't have even noticed I'm sure but if you check your iCloud Storage on your iPad Mini's or infact any other iOS device that might be affected you will either see your correct total storage of 5.0 GB for FREE accounts or whatever you pay for if you have upgraded OR you will see 1.0 GB if you are affected by this issue...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with this update. Very nice improvements and fixes. I'm getting much better battery than 8.2. It's probably as close to iOS 8.1.2 battery. 8.2 battery was horrible for me.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've already posted a thread about this but thought it might be helpful to add my 8.3 issue in here too.

iPad Mini reporting Total iCloud Storage of 1.0 GB with an available storage size which equals both my iPhone and iPad backups combined. Luckily I don't backup photos to iCloud so the total backup size for iPhone and iPad is less than 300MB.

My iPhone which is also running 8.3 and has the same iCloud/Apple ID is reporting correctly 5.0 GB Total Size so it's only my iPad Mini that is displaying incorrectly.

Found a girl on Twitter who has the exact same issue after updating to iOS 8.3. Wondered if anyone else is experiencing it? Most probably wouldn't have even noticed I'm sure but if you check your iCloud Storage on your iPad Mini's or infact any other iOS device that might be affected you will either see your correct total storage of 5.0 GB for FREE accounts or whatever you pay for if you have upgraded OR you will see 1.0 GB if you are affected by this issue...

Just spoke on the phone with Apple Support and they have the exact same on their iPad and iPod Touch so this isn't isolated to just me. They say they are probably working on it now but we're not aware and have made notes as they expect to have more people call about this.

He seemed to think it was something that happened over the weekend as it wasn't like this last week including after Wednesday's iOS update.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I commented back that I didn't notice any difference in speed, but I stand corrected. My Plus has definitely felt more snappy since the update. Nice job Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen