iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I sort of did what the blog article said. I went into settings, turned off touchid for iTunes/AppStore and rebooted the phone. Then when I went back into settings to touchid back on for iTunes/AppStore, it was already enabled. That was the first odd thing. Then I went into the AppStore and bought a free app. Although I had previously set it to download free apps without a password, it prompted me for my password (not touchid because it was the first time after rebooting). Downloaded another free app and got promoted for touchid. So the ability to get free apps without a password (or presumably touchid) seems to be gone. I haven't bought a paid app yet to see if I get the touchid prompt yet, but since I get the touchid prompt for free apps, I'm going to assume it will work.

I did a wipe and restore as new. Have done this in a while so I figured what the heck. This thing is smoking fast now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The new emoji would be cool if they weren't limited those with iPhones on 8.3. I'm one of the few iPhone users in my text circle. And all they are seeing are aliens or crowns. I've gotten my wife to update but everyone else is on Android. So until other platforms update their system the new emojis aren't that great of an addition.

Use the app Phonto to make some photos with the emoji. Keep a few faves handy to send with texts. Like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428639099.055556.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, this update is fine on my phone and itouch, but it has crippled my iPad. I did a full factory reset and it made it worse. I give up.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Didn't experience iOS 7, I was still using Android at the time. I recently converted to the iPhone and iOS. I've had my iPhone for about two months, maybe a month and a half.

It's truly nice to have a device that gets timely software updates.

That's one of the biggest reasons I stayed with apple instead of Android too. The updates system on android was bs. Updates would have come out months before in America and I would still be waiting for them here in Australia

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
That's one of the biggest reasons I stayed with apple instead of Android too. The updates system on android was bs. Updates would have come out months before in America and I would still be waiting for them here in Australia

Exactly why my fianc? jumped ship, waited months until her S5 received lollipop then it practically crippled her phone.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Exactly why my fianc? jumped ship, waited months until her S5 received lollipop then it practically crippled her phone.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

It was ridiculous and not only that but when the update would come out in Australia some telephone providers would already have the release date or have the update while others wouldn't know when it was coming to their providers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did a wipe and restore as new. Have done this in a while so I figured what the heck. This thing is smoking fast now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is why I take the time to restore as new. The benefits, at least in my experience, have always been worth the time....;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Although 8.3 seems to have fixed a shortcuts crashing issue, it did not fix the problem many have with deleted shortcuts coming back after having been deleted. It's the reason I restored my phone as new last month. Restoring as new is the only thing that works to fix this problem.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it should take to see the full benefit of an update? For example the more reliable battery life that a lot of people were reporting from the beta?

Also how come in reports it stated that 8.3 would have a separate screenshots folder in pictures but there is none?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it should take to see the full benefit of an update? For example the more reliable battery life that a lot of people were reporting from the beta?

Also how come in reports it stated that 8.3 would have a separate screenshots folder in pictures but there is none?

The benefits should be seen almost immediately, but definitely after the first full charge. That's been my experience, but that can vary from device to device. As for the screenshots folder, I don't know.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My theory, and it seems to be a common one, is that people tend to use their phones a lot more when a new update comes out.........draining the battery more.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Glad I didn't wait to update. Just noticed that it activated VOLTE through my carrier. My battery "seems" to be getting better mileage, but that might just be my imagination. I also am not really noticing any change in OS speed like some here are reporting. Still, it's a nice update so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.