iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Which emoji? I don't see any that thrill me that much. Most look the same.
Tap & hold for tonal gradients on skin tones... otherwise they are the same... some new flags... I'm indifferent about them... the only one I've used that in the new emjoi standards isn't even on the Apple emoji keyboard yet... �� -- Live long and prosper... You can copy the symbol and paste it into a keyboard shortcut to use it... :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tap & hold for tonal gradients on skin tones... otherwise they are the same... some new flags... I'm indifferent about them... the only one I've used that in the new emjoi standards isn't even on the Apple emoji keyboard yet... �� -- Live long and prosper... You can copy the symbol and paste it into a keyboard shortcut to use it... :)

Yeah, I found the tone options quick. But I guess I'm like you. I was hoping for some cool new objects. And there's a few they could get rid of, IMO!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded it yesterday around 3pm, had the issue where i couldnt download at the time, but it eventually went through..... no issues with the update, then agian, i really never had an issue with any iphone i owned, the 4s, 5, 5s, and now the 6. and i update as soon as they come out

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Video playback in Safari is horrible after the update. Lots of freezing/buffering. Three seconds > freeze > press play > 4 seconds > freeze > press play > 1 minute > freeze > press play. Doesn't happen in Chrome.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Video playback in Safari is horrible after the update. Lots of freezing/buffering. Three seconds > freeze > press play > 4 seconds > freeze > press play > 1 minute > freeze > press play. Doesn't happen in Chrome.

Not on my device (iPhone 6 Plus). Try a reboot or do a clean install of iOS 8.3, if you updated OTA.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
8.3 messed up the order I had the share and activities options. Having to do them everywhere all over. Each location is separate.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428599972.811739.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe how much faster the phone seems to be on 8.3. I was saying earlier that it is like the WiFi is two to three times faster on my phone. Almost like I have a completely new phone. Just making me even more certain I made the right choice moving over from Samsung to Apple

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Just making me even more certain I made the right choice moving over from Samsung to Apple

I feel the same way. Once a company called me to switch me to Blackberry and bundle my company's long distance and cell phone all-together. I told them I'd take a non-working iPhone over any Blackberry. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, talk about a slow download. Sheesh. 7 hours? Using my pretty fast WiFi at home. Busy servers? Guess so. Decided to just D/L it to my mac and I'll go about my day and install it on my phone later.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The new emoji would be cool if they weren't limited those with iPhones on 8.3. I'm one of the few iPhone users in my text circle. And all they are seeing are aliens or crowns. I've gotten my wife to update but everyone else is on Android. So until other platforms update their system the new emojis aren't that great of an addition.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I did the iTunes update method as versus the OTA update.

When I was reading the changes is this new version I was floored at how many there were. It was a real doozy of a list!

So far so good. If anything, it's made my iPhone 6 Plus much faster. A lot of the annoying little bits of sluggishness that I was experiencing before seems to be gone now. If you ask me, iOS 8.3 is by far the best iOS 8.x release.

Status
Not open for further replies.