There are iOS releases to 'carrier partners' before the GM of every *.0 release.
    Ok that's a little different to your earlier post which implied all iOS releases required US carriers sign off.
    04-17-2015 08:49 PM
    Ok that's a little different to your earlier post which implied all iOS releases required US carriers sign off.
    I don't know for certain on point releases...I'm fairly certain carriers get access to betas for those too and if they find something they too can report their issues to Apple for fixes.
    04-17-2015 08:55 PM
    Is it now possible to remove the Apple Watch app?
    Sorry for quoting an earlier post, but there is a way to hide this app from your home screen. Follow these instructions:

1. Make sure Apple Watch app is on the second screen of home screen.
    2. Put the app in a folder with another app on the first screen.
    3. While in "edit mode", pull the watch app down bro the dock.
    4. Release and it's gone. It will still show up in the spotlight search, however. Hope this helps. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-17-2015 09:22 PM
    Sorry for quoting an earlier post, but there is a way to hide this app from your home screen. Follow these instructions:

1. Make sure Apple Watch app is on the second screen of home screen.
    2. Put the app in a folder with another app on the first screen.
    3. While in "edit mode", pull the watch app down bro the dock.
    4. Release and it's gone. It will still show up in the spotlight search, however. Hope this helps. :-)

Makes no sense. First put it on the 2nd screen. Then with another on first screen. Pull down... What edit mode?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-17-2015 10:16 PM
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429327905.053365.jpg This is what I'm calling "edit mode". Take the Apple Watch app out from there and put it in the dock and watch it go bye bye. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Put the Apple Watch app on the second page of iOS if it isn't already there and move it to the first page of iOS. That's just what I've read and did to make it go away. Don't know if it's truly necessary.

04-17-2015 11:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429327905.053365.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	80207 This is what I'm calling "edit mode". Take the Apple Watch app out from there and put it in the dock and watch it go bye bye. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Put the Apple Watch app on the second page of iOS if it isn't already there and move it to the first page of iOS. That's just what I've read and did to make it go away. Don't know if it's truly necessary.

I'll have to try that with Newsstand. Here's what I had done with the Watch app before I decided to get one. It's deep in a nested folder!
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429331459.789718.jpg
    Then
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429331583.453546.jpg
    Then
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429331602.086660.jpg
    Then
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429331691.020271.jpg
    Then
    iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15-imageuploadedbytapatalk1429331758.416753.jpg

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 04-18-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    redsharktibby likes this.
    04-18-2015 12:36 AM
    Are nested folders a jail break thing?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-18-2015 10:47 AM
    Are nested folders a jail break thing?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    No. You can do it on any iPhone.

04-18-2015 02:56 PM
    No. You can do it on any iPhone.

Ok, I just looked up a video to see how to do this. Awesome! Thanks. If I reboot the phone will the nested folders un-nest?
    04-18-2015 03:40 PM
    Ok, I just looked up a video to see how to do this. Awesome! Thanks. If I reboot the phone will the nested folders un-nest?
    No, rebooting does not affect the nested folder. I have gone 4 deep before. But since I restored last month I haven't bothered with that. You can only put one folder in a folder. But you can go deep. Not sure how far. The problem is making changes. It's a lot of work. So be sure you get it how you want it the first time. To add another app, you have to start all over.

04-18-2015 05:08 PM
    Anyone experiencing issues with their screen after the update? In tweetbot and sometimes notification center the contrast of the screen becomes low and the colors become washed. Its not something I can screenshot so I hope it not a hardware issue as this will be the 4th time I get my phone taken in to the apple store for a screen issue
    04-21-2015 02:12 PM
    Anyone experiencing issues with their screen after the update? In tweetbot and sometimes notification center the contrast of the screen becomes low and the colors become washed. Its not something I can screenshot so I hope it not a hardware issue as this will be the 4th time I get my phone taken in to the apple store for a screen issue
    No issue like that here.

04-21-2015 03:54 PM
    Why do some applications not rotate after installing version 8.2? One example is an application called TIMER. Used to rotate before updating.
    04-21-2015 06:32 PM
    What I did was to reset the phone not a full reset. Used reset all settings.
    04-25-2015 07:16 PM
    Why do some applications not rotate after installing version 8.2? One example is an application called TIMER. Used to rotate before updating.
    I don't know. Did you try rebooting your device or checking to make sure the rotation lock was enabled?
    04-25-2015 08:07 PM
    What I did was to reset the phone not a full reset. Used reset all settings.
    For what purpose?
    04-25-2015 08:07 PM
    No issue like that here.

I'm starting to think its tweetbot
    04-27-2015 01:11 PM
    04-27-2015 01:19 PM
    Do any of you notice the following...

Updates are available in App Store, you update them and they have the blue dot to show updated against the app icon on your home screen and an hr or so later the same app showing an update! Happens all the time with Instagram and social media apps and things like Skype. Surely can't be that they release two updates an hr or so apart every time?

Sorry not sure if this is iOS 8.3 related or not so I've put it in here.
    04-28-2015 08:39 PM

Updates are available in App Store, you update them and they have the blue dot to show updated against the app icon on your home screen and an hr or so later the same app showing an update! Happens all the time with Instagram and social media apps and things like Skype. Surely can't be that they release two updates an hr or so apart every time?

It's not an iOS 8.3 issue because I experienced it a few times prior to the latest iOS version with the Slack app.
    04-28-2015 08:48 PM

I noticed yesterday that Instagram updated twice within hours for me and once more today.

I honestly think they find a bug that requires them to do an immediate update. I hear developers can pay extra for expedited approval.
    Just_Me_D and Darran like this.
    04-28-2015 09:12 PM
    I'm starting to think its tweetbot
    Tweetbot has looked great for me.

04-28-2015 09:25 PM
    BreakingKayfabe / Just_Me_D

Cheers guys I did hope this was the case and that it wasn't just me affected but I have nobody to compare as none of my friends even bother with app updates never mind doing it daily!

I have noticed it in the past but definitely more recently. It seems to be the usual suspects with Instagram being one of the biggest offenders. As you mentioned I had a couple within hours of each other today as well. I've also had the following issue recently whereby I've got an app update and I perform the update and the app icon has the blue dot but the App Store still reports an update available even though the app has a blue dot to highlight its been updated so I presume they've pulled a release within minutes and released another just minutes later!
    04-28-2015 10:30 PM

I've noticed it for the past few months. Happens all the time to me.

Darran likes this.
    04-28-2015 11:08 PM
    Many app changes going on now. Probably due to the Watch. A lot of updates with follow up updates for bugs and stuff.

04-29-2015 09:46 AM
295 ... 9101112