Is anyone else getting duplicate notifications, primarily, with the ESPN app?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been receiving duplicate notifications on my iPad Air 2 running latest iOS 8 for a few weeks now. It only seems to happen with the ESPN app. Dupes show up on lock screen and in Notifications center. I Have tried:

1. Using 2 different ESPN accounts
2. Uninstall/reinstall ESPN app
3, Turn off all alerts, sign out hard reset, log on, turn on alerts
4. Hard reset
...and many combinations of the above.

Anyone else seen anything similar? ESPN app bug or iOS bug? I have the same alerts set on ESPN app on my iPhone 6 and it works flawlessly.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Duplicate notifications

Compare device and app settings between the phone and iPad and verify they're the same... then - if the issue persists - report to the developer via the app's iTunes page using any links they may have for support.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Keith, settings are identical, and I have posted on their App Store page, is that where you mean?

So do you think this sounds like an App bug, could it be specific to iPad?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Got this reply, hope they are working on it!

Thank you for contacting us.

I do apologize for any inconvenience in this matter. I have added your comments to the ticket that was filled out previously. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date of when this issue may be resolved. You will be contacted via email once the issue has been resolved. The ticket number is xxxxx. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reply to this email.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Beth
ESPN.com Customer Care

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice