Boy, did apple miss the mark with Email

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As the title say, Apple has really screwed up email. How can you call an iPhone a business phone? A key part of today's business professional is email, This phone sucks for email. Starting an email and then trying to attach something? Not gonna happen here. Multiple attachments? not here. I am flabbergasted at the complete lack of up to date technology with respect to email. If you're building a toy phone then yes, email is not very important but, in this day and age where the world communicates thru email it begs the question, Why does the email on this phone have to provide such a challenge compared to every other platform out there? Perhaps an overhaul ov the system is in order. something to make iOS current.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The stock email app works fine for attachments if you take the time to learn how to do it. And it ain't rocket science.

sheailewis1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
The stock email app is probably the worst of any recent OS. It's still usable though. I wouldn't mind seeing a overhaul of iOS, but the chances of that happening are slim.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're building a toy phone then yes, email is not very important but, in this day and age where the world communicates thru email it begs the question, Why does the email on this phone have to provide such a challenge compared to every other platform out there? Perhaps an overhaul ov the system is in order. something to make iOS current.

I would challenge this statement. I work for a large IT consulting division of a large corporate entity. The majority of my "official" communication is not in the form of email. The bulk of my communication is done via voice calls, video chats and instant messaging. Of course, there is some email, but very little of it is.

That said, I will agree that the stock email app has shortcomings, but it is adequate for my needs. If it's not good enough for your needs, there are other options.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the native Mail, Calendar, Reminders, and Notes App are arguably lacking in comparison to their 3rd-party counterparts, however, I would assume that they are sufficient for a lot of people. Am I hoping that Apple revamp the native Mail app and make it a bit more modern? Yep, but if they don't, no biggie. It is still sufficient for "my" email needs....;)

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think with all the sharing functions in a iPhone along with Dropbox and other cloud drive platforms I don't see the necessity of email attachments in the traditional sense.
It seems now days it's easier create the material and select the method of sharing in app. Email or Text is like bus or train.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You can't find how to add an attachment?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Honestly, I can't figure it out either. The only time I know how to send an attachment is when I'm using another app like OneDrive or Google Drive, and I decide to share the file via email.

If I use the default app to create an email, I don't see an option to add an attachment. I've been using iOS since 2012, and I don't know how.

When I create a new email, this is what I see.
Where is the option to add an attachment?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1428017116.319093.jpg

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can't figure it out either. The only time I know how to send an attachment is when I'm using another app like OneDrive or Google Drive, and I decide to share the file via email.

If I use the default app to create an email, I don't see an option to add an attachment. I've been using iOS since 2012, and I don't know how.

View attachment 79346

Long Press

dfd9bb6f3a47af10269f430489fcf736.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 79346

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428017408.087521.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428017417.189910.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Use the Microsoft Outlook app. It's the easiest app I've found for attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the look/feel of the native iOS Mail app. Agree that adding the ability to attach non-photo/video attachments would be an improvement. Perhaps this option will appear in iOS 9? I think that iMore posted an article about this topic recently. iOS 8 wants: Better file attachment handling | iMore

Now, HankAZ brought up a good point to consider. Less email is not a bad thing; particularly when an IM, quick call, or in person discussion can be used to communicate.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You can't find how to add an attachment?
Reply to someone and try to add an attachment to the outbound message.
Try to attach more than one file to a new email.
Sending file attachments at all is only possible if you have a viewer app for that file type that uses the "share by email" function.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Lol just download another app that suits your needs better. In the time you wrote this post you could have just done that. I can't understand complaining about something that isn't your ONLY option. There are tons of email apps that do what you want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox