I don't really get much personal email, so my gmail is the standard mail app
    I'm like that. What personal email I do get are contacts I have listed as VIP. That helps separate from biz.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-08-2015 04:26 PM
    Haha really don't need to waste any more time debating Blackberry vs iPhone surely? - Both have their pros and cons and it's whatever suits the individual the rest is personal opinion.

Getting back to the original topic yes the steps are long winded if you want to avoid third party apps but for me I'm not a big fan of third party apps to replace stock iOS apps for numerous reasons so I'm happy to use workarounds. I think the original posters comments still stand that although we love our iOS devices it is quite poor that after nearly 8 years of the iPhone iOS we still can't add an attachment to an email that isn't a photo or video using the native iOS mail app.

If I bought a top of the range BMW that didn't have sat nav I would have the same remark that it should be standard by now rather than being told to go out and buy a TomTom. Point being that by now attachments should be core functionality on an 8 year old OS.
    THANK YOU!!! This is exactly the point. I'm happy for those of you that don't consider email on a smartphone important. I'm happy for all of you that don't have email as a primary communication for work. But in todays corporate environment, Email is very important and not just for video and pictures.
    Darran likes this.
    04-09-2015 07:42 PM
    This is the reason I only use my iPhone for basic email use. If I need to send a quick email with an attachment or two, I use my GS5.
    04-09-2015 08:47 PM
    As the title say, Apple has really screwed up email. How can you call an iPhone a business phone? A key part of today's business professional is email, This phone sucks for email. Starting an email and then trying to attach something? Not gonna happen here. Multiple attachments? not here. I am flabbergasted at the complete lack of up to date technology with respect to email. If you're building a toy phone then yes, email is not very important but, in this day and age where the world communicates thru email it begs the question, Why does the email on this phone have to provide such a challenge compared to every other platform out there? Perhaps an overhaul ov the system is in order. something to make iOS current.
    I don't know, but my wife is the GM of a Hampton Inn and just got her CHA and she has all of her business emails on her stock email app on her iPhone. Seems to work just fine.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    04-10-2015 06:54 AM
    Like a few others have mentioned, my workaround has been to use CloudMagic. The free version meets my needs just fine and allows me to attach multiple files from my cloud storage services, including iCloud. I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 09:17 AM
    Like a few others have mentioned, my workaround has been to use CloudMagic. The free version meets my needs just fine and allows me to attach multiple files from my cloud storage services, including iCloud. I'm pretty happy with it.

I think the point here is that these features should be included with the stock iOS app not made to use a third party workaround. It would be different if this was a brand new iOS and features were added all the time but iOS is 8 years old now so it's really poor that basic features like adding multiple attachments to an email aren't part of the stock mail app. I can manage and use workarounds so it's not a deal breaker for me but I think the original posters point was just this that it should be included by now.
    04-10-2015 03:39 PM
    I'm not saying it's not used its just an outdated form of communication.

eh ? seriously ? then i guess my country is so outdated since I believe majority of the companies still using email and attachment for work communication, receiving po, sending po and else
    04-10-2015 03:42 PM
    I think the point here is that these features should be included with the stock iOS app not made to use a third party workaround. It would be different if this was a brand new iOS and features were added all the time but iOS is 8 years old now so it's really poor that basic features like adding multiple attachments to an email aren't part of the stock mail app. I can manage and use workarounds so it's not a deal breaker for me but I think the original posters point was just this that it should be included by now.
    I agree. It's 2015. No workaround should be required.

Darran likes this.
    04-10-2015 04:00 PM
    Is it possible that the native Mail app is more than sufficient for the majority of iOS device owners and there hasn't been an majority outcry for them to do a complete makeover/overhaul?
    04-10-2015 04:05 PM
    Is it possible that the native Mail app is more than sufficient for the majority of iOS device owners and there hasn't been an majority outcry for them to do a complete makeover/overhaul?
    In the early days of iPhone iOS there was no MMS support. People who had relied on and expect mms from their phones were told by those who didn't care to just use email if they want to send a photo. Apple then implemented MMS.

I'm sure someone like yourself in the early days said the majority of users don't want MMS.
    Last edited by Darran; 04-10-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    04-10-2015 04:23 PM
    eh ? seriously ? then i guess my country is so outdated since I believe majority of the companies still using email and attachment for work communication, receiving po, sending po and else
    OMG. I didn't say none uses it I just feels it's insecure and just not a good form of communication in today's world. I still use it just not my first choice when dealing with secure files.

04-10-2015 10:01 PM
    In the early days of iPhone iOS there was no MMS support. People who had relied on and expect mms from their phones were told by those who didn't care to just use email if they want to send a photo. Apple then implemented MMS.

I'm sure someone like yourself in the early days said the majority of users don't want MMS.
    No, I don't recall ever saying anything like that. In fact, I was content with my Blackberry curve when the iPhone was first introduced. I think that's what I was using at the time....
    04-10-2015 10:06 PM
    OMG. I didn't say none uses it I just feels it's insecure and just not a good form of communication in today's world. I still use it just not my first choice when dealing with secure files.

What other method do you use?
    04-10-2015 10:11 PM
    For us we use iMessage and Skype. As far as files everything is stored in our server and accessed via a VPN. And other options for secured communications. I work in government.

04-10-2015 10:13 PM
    For us we use iMessage and Skype. As far as files everything is stored in our server and accessed via a VPN. And other options for secured communications. I work in government.

For internal usage ? What about external ?
    04-11-2015 12:49 AM
    For internal usage ? What about external ?
    Social media, blogs and a website. We also do snail mail mailings for big events/announcements.
    04-11-2015 02:18 AM
    Social media, blogs and a website. We also do snail mail mailings for big events/announcements.
    but that's for public usage, not for limited communication between companies
    04-11-2015 03:27 AM
    Email from ifiles app connected to Dropbox. It opens in the stock email app with the attachment or send a link to the document, Seamless!!

Job done!!

Surely this is the point of apps in the first place so that if the stock app isn't adequate for your needs, you can use something else!

It's not rocket science!
    mikeo007, kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-11-2015 04:49 AM
    but that's for public usage, not for limited communication between companies
    That's primarily who we deal with. For inter-company communication, we meet in person, over the phone and use FEDEX to deliver docs. We don't write emails on our cell phones.
    04-11-2015 10:27 AM
    The stock email app works fine for attachments if you take the time to learn how to do it. And it ain't rocket science.
    iOS stock email client is the best. Samsung is livable and the current version of Gmail is fine but I find iOS always had a great email client

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-11-2015 03:04 PM
70 123