You just needed to read a few posts above yours and you would have seen the following post, does this answer your question about who said he was complaining?
    I clearly missed it, and I have no problem being corrected. Thanks...
    Darran and grover5 like this.
    04-05-2015 08:16 PM
    I believe every user has to do what it takes to accomplish tasks that are important to their work or play.
    Some of the 3rd party email apps are great to use and have great features.
    Cloud Magic is a good email app that links Dropbox and Google Drive and others.
    If this is too much for a user there are other mobile platforms that can give them what they want without a 3rd party app.

I must have 5 email apps on my phone. Basically to see what they do and having options to get stuff done. If a situation occurs and I have to send multiple pdf attachments or other documents I know what tools to use. It's just as quick as using the native email app.

If doing a lot of work via the native email is important to a user do what you have to do to get it done until Apple changes the way they do it email attachments or investigate another platform that fits your email needs.
    04-05-2015 10:25 PM
    I believe every user has to do what it takes to accomplish tasks that are important to their work or play.
    Some of the 3rd party email apps are great to use and have great features.
    Cloud Magic is a good email app that links Dropbox and Google Drive and others.
    If this is too much for a user there are other mobile platforms that can give them what they want without a 3rd party app.

I must have 5 email apps on my phone. Basically to see what they do and having options to get stuff done. If a situation occurs and I have to send multiple pdf attachments or other documents I know what tools to use. It's just as quick as using the native email app.

If doing a lot of work via the native email is important to a user do what you have to do to get it done until Apple changes the way they do it email attachments or investigate another platform that fits your email needs.
    I like CloudMagic! But it's too bright with too much low contrast text. I found it difficult to read. But so are many others. I'm still waiting for an email client with a dark theme option.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-05-2015 10:36 PM
    Just been playing with attachments and found a workaround for those of you who don't want to use a third party email app but do want the ability to add attachments other than photos or video to already composed emails OR replying to an email and adding the attachment to the reply.

I'm presuming you are using something like Google Drive in order to store your files as there's no native file manager in iOS.

All you need to do using Google Drive as my example is as follows. Select the file within Google drive and then choose to email it which opens a new email, email it to yourself then open the email in the iOS mail app and then select all or just select the attachment and choose copy then open your other email and choose reply and then just paste it in and it pastes the attachment perfectly! Same goes if you've started composing you just need to save the email as a draft and then go to drive and email it to yourself then copy it from the email that arrives and then open your draft and paste it in. Sounds long winded but it does the job and is only a couple of extra steps which isn't too much of a big deal. Same goes for multiple attachments you just send them all to yourself first one by one then copy and paste them into one email.

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I only just tried to to see if it worked and it did!
    04-05-2015 10:40 PM
    You could... join the Crack(Berry) addicts. Our phones really are business phones with a primary focus on being the best out of the box
    04-05-2015 11:44 PM
    That's a lot of work to avoid using a 3rd party app.
    04-05-2015 11:59 PM
    You could... join the Crack(Berry) addicts. Our phones really are business phones with a primary focus on being the best out of the box
    A Blackberry is by far one of the worst phones to use right out of the box considering the 2 hours one would need to set it up.
    mikeo007 and zerog46 like this.
    04-06-2015 01:29 PM
    Wow. They kind of missed that one, eh?
    04-06-2015 02:17 PM
    My experience with Blackberry is over four years old, but it was so horrendus they have forever eaarned the nickname "Crapberry" from me. And from what (little) I've seen of their newer offerings, things haven't improved.

Prblems I had were with a personal device. Without doing anything to the built-in apps or OS, or hardware, I went through SEVEN warranty replacement devices in 18 months, one which arrived dead and had to be exchanged, leaving me without a working phone for over two days.

Other issues incuded email - having everything go through my hosted email server, then Blackberry before it reached my device only added a failure point to the chain, and fail it did - often. I had lost count on how many times I had to either go without email availability due to a FAILURE with the Blackberry server or nuke and re-configure my email settings.

Several times, the BBM application would corrupt itself and take the OS with it requiring a full device reinstall of the OS and restore. And I didn't even use BBM.

On those seven device replacements? Because everything is (was?) tied to a device ID rather than a user ID, every time I got a new warranty replacement, I had to re-register EVERYTHING.

Emal was POP-equivelent only, no IMAP available. That means that I had no access to any of my email folders when on mobile. Changes were NOT synced. Etc, etc.

The only good thing I can say about my time with Crapberry is that that phone had the best cellphone camera I had seen until I got my iPhone 5 (I had an original Droid X in between).
    04-06-2015 02:40 PM
    Haha really don't need to waste any more time debating Blackberry vs iPhone surely? - Both have their pros and cons and it's whatever suits the individual the rest is personal opinion.

Getting back to the original topic yes the steps are long winded if you want to avoid third party apps but for me I'm not a big fan of third party apps to replace stock iOS apps for numerous reasons so I'm happy to use workarounds. I think the original posters comments still stand that although we love our iOS devices it is quite poor that after nearly 8 years of the iPhone iOS we still can't add an attachment to an email that isn't a photo or video using the native iOS mail app.

If I bought a top of the range BMW that didn't have sat nav I would have the same remark that it should be standard by now rather than being told to go out and buy a TomTom. Point being that by now attachments should be core functionality on an 8 year old OS.
    04-06-2015 03:14 PM
    The native mail app would benefit from access to the iOS 8 filepicker. I'd imagine this is very likely coming in iOS9.

For now, just use one of the dozens of better apps out there. I choose outlook, it's fantastic.

Also, sending attachments via email these days is an extremely dated notion and should be avoided. Save bandwidth and time by using a cloud service like Lync. Also makes collaboration a heck of a lot easier.

Just leave that junk in the box, it's about as useful as it is out.
    04-06-2015 03:25 PM
    Wow. They kind of missed that one, eh?
    A Blackberry is by far one of the worst phones to use right out of the box considering the 2 hours one would need to set it up.
    My experience with Blackberry is over four years old, but it was so horrendus they have forever eaarned the nickname "Crapberry" from me. And from what (little) I've seen of their newer offerings, things haven't improved.
    Haha really don't need to waste any more time debating Blackberry vs iPhone surely? - Both have their pros and cons and it's whatever suits the individual the rest is personal opinion.
    Just leave that junk in the box, it's about as useful as it is out.
    I mean, I'm converting to a 6+ in the coming weeks, but... ouch! Presently a BlackBerry Z30 user! :P

Seriously though, no feelers were hurt. I'm switching for a reason: iPhones always have and always will work flawlessly out of the box with next to no real setup.

And I have hundreds of dollars of paid apps still on my Apple ID. I was a loyal follower until the 5S, skipped that one.
    04-06-2015 11:14 PM

Prblems I had were with a personal device. Without doing anything to the built-in apps or OS, or hardware, I went through SEVEN warranty replacement devices in 18 months, one which arrived dead and had to be exchanged, leaving me without a working phone for over two days.

Other issues incuded email - having everything go through my hosted email server, then Blackberry before it reached my device only added a failure point to the chain, and fail it did - often. I had lost count on how many times I had to either go without email availability due to a FAILURE with the Blackberry server or nuke and re-configure my email settings.

Several times, the BBM application would corrupt itself and take the OS with it requiring a full device reinstall of the OS and restore. And I didn't even use BBM.

On those seven device replacements? Because everything is (was?) tied to a device ID rather than a user ID, every time I got a new warranty replacement, I had to re-register EVERYTHING.

Emal was POP-equivelent only, no IMAP available. That means that I had no access to any of my email folders when on mobile. Changes were NOT synced. Etc, etc.

The only good thing I can say about my time with Crapberry is that that phone had the best cellphone camera I had seen until I got my iPhone 5 (I had an original Droid X in between).
    I find that blackberry is the most comfortable emailing devices ever nice physical keyboard, easy setting email, real time email, synced controlled as we wished ;p
    Body built good, at least for mine

My blackberry is mainly for phone call, email and bbm (work)

for the app hmmm no comment LoL
    04-07-2015 04:39 AM
    I agree with the above. Email is the worst form of communication these days. So insecure it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    really ? I can't work without email hmm ........
    04-07-2015 04:41 AM
    really ? I can't work without email hmm ........
    I'm not saying it's not used its just an outdated form of communication.

04-07-2015 07:07 AM
    I've just decided to use my icloud address as my primary email. I went online, figured out the whole attachment thing, I'm happy.
    I did like quite a few things about Blackberry but I dropped them after they gave up on native apps. Then I hear they're shacking up to Samsung, which is, imo, the equivalent of turning tricks in the gutter.
    So Apple it is, Apple all the way. Works for me.
    04-07-2015 02:57 PM
    No doubt traditional email is old and certainly BB10 could be better. Not saying otherwise. That said, it IS an extremely strong communications platform, if nothing else. Not worth flaming over :P
    Darran likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:33 PM
    I'm not saying it's not used its just an outdated form of communication.

I disagree with this. Email is the standard for business communication in my world as well as the number one option for notification of activities in groups and forums.
    04-07-2015 09:12 PM
    Use mailbox. It's the best
    04-08-2015 01:27 AM
    Coming to iOS after spending years with blackberry devices I'd tend to agree with the OP.
    I'm using cloud magic to handle my work emails
    04-08-2015 06:33 AM
    Use mailbox. It's the best
    You mean you prefer it over any others at this time....
    04-08-2015 07:49 AM
    Coming to iOS after spending years with blackberry devices I'd tend to agree with the OP.
    I'm using cloud magic to handle my work emails
    What do you use to handle your personal email?
    04-08-2015 07:50 AM
    I disagree with this. Email is the standard for business communication in my world as well as the number one option for notification of activities in groups and forums.
    I completely agree. I run a small business and there are only 4 full time people and a few part timers. I handle email quite a bit from mostly mom and pop shops and normally .pdf attachments. I would be in real trouble if there were not email for what I do. Majority of us don't work for large corporations with teams tied to a Dropbox account. So for us it's either email, put a letter in the mailbox, or make a phone call, and I can't send an invoice or some other document through a phone call.
    04-08-2015 10:35 AM
    You mean you prefer it over any others at this time....
    Yeah. I use a lot of devices, so it's easy to just sign in with my Dropbox as it can sync all my emails at once, whereas in stock Mail, you have to enter each address one at a time.

I also do wonder why Apple hasn't put in an iCloud service that syncs all of your added accounts like Mailbox does.
    04-08-2015 10:57 AM
    What do you use to handle your personal email?
    I don't really get much personal email, so my gmail is the standard mail app
    04-08-2015 03:10 PM
70 123