What can one do about the absolutely terrible voice recognition in iOS 8 .2 on a 6+?

I

iMore Question

What can one do about the absolutely terrible voice recognition in iOS 8 .2 on a 6+

The voice recognition on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.2 is absolutely abysmal compared to my iPhone 5S running iOS 7

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: What can one do about the absolutely terrible voice recognition in iOS 8 .2 on a 6+

maybe something is wrong with the phone- its still under warranty- take it to apple

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: What can one do about the absolutely terrible voice recognition in iOS 8 .2 on a 6+

The voice recognition on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.2 is absolutely abysmal compared to my iPhone 5S running iOS 7

Well, there's no going back to iOS 7 on your iPhone 6 Plus. Update your iPhone 5S to iOS 8.2 and then test the voice recognition feature and compare the results with the iPhone 6 Plus. If it works well, then I recommend you restore your iPhone 6 Plus and set it up as new. Afterwards, test the voice recognition feature. If it works well, great, if the results are the same, make a Genius Bar appointment to have them diagnose the problem for you.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

What, exactly, is the issue? Is it not understanding you, or not hearing you?

I have an iPhone 5. With iOS8.x up through 8.1.3, "Hey Siri" would work in my car when plugged in under almost all conditions. Now, with iOS 8.2, if there is any ambient noise, Siri fails to activate. It doesn't hear me over the ambient noise now. Note that there was no hardware change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR