Siri Airplanes Overhead?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Has the feature within Siri where you can ask what airplanes are flung over New York right now etc stopped working?

I'm in the UK and it never worked for UK locations but I was able to ask various US locations and return current air traffic stats but this seems to have been stopped!?

Has anyone else noticed or even managed to still get this? It's odd that they would remove functionality!

Here's the feature I'm talking about...

See What AirPlanes Are Flying Overhead with Siri & iPhone | OSXDaily

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the USA... I said "aircraft overhead"... Try the same thing in the WolframApha app or website and if that works for where you are, it might be an issue between Apple and WolframAlpha, where Siri pulls that kind of data from.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the USA... I said "aircraft overhead"... Try the same thing in the WolframApha app or website and if that works for where you are, it might be an issue between Apple and WolframAlpha, where Siri pulls that kind of data from.

Ok the issue will be that planes overhead doesn't work from the UK. The only way it used to work from the UK was by specifying a city in the US like what planes are flying over New York right now? But my problem is this seems to have stopped working so I'm guessing they've pulled it for users outside the U.S.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I just tried it in CA and it worked too. I never used it when I lived in the UK

Cheers! I suspect they've removed it from UK users unless anyone else in the UK can test? - I'm sure it will be labelled a terrorist threat or something like that as the reason it's removed. I've copied the commands word for word so it's definitely not working for me.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Out of interest can you try asking for planes above New York right now? Or any other big cities please and see if that works?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work for me either. Siri just wanted me to go to the wolfram website or download their app.

Yeah same for me. It's silly to removed this feature for people outside of North America. Even if we can't ask planes overheard it's sometimes handy to have the what planes are over xxxx city right now? When you're looking at a friend or family members flight.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know and ironically I have most of them but it was more the gimmick when I was bored but now I've spotted they've removed it and I felt the need to moan haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73