iOS 8.2 released

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
App Store is now working for me in Ontario, Canada

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a night monitor job where I use an Apple HDMI adapter to display video on a TV. I've been doing it forever, but after updating my iPad it no longer works. When I plug the adapter in it says downloading accessory firmware, your accessory will not function until download is complete. So I hotspotted through my iPhone to get the iPad online, and nothing is happening. Connected my hone to the same adapter and it works. The TV shows I want to watch are on my iPad and I can't get them through the phone. Starting to get upset.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a night monitor job where I use an Apple HDMI adapter to display video on a TV. I've been doing it forever, but after updating my iPad it no longer works. When I plug the adapter in it says downloading accessory firmware, your accessory will not work until download is complete. So I hotspot red through my iPhone to get the iPad online, and nothing is happening. Starting to get upset.

Try rebooting your iPad first

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay here's a silly question. Do I have to update the phone first via iTunes, restore the device as new and finally perform a restore from backup? Or restore the device as new and then perform the update?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Settings... iCloud... Storage... Manage Storage... Select device under backups... App list.... Turn off the app in the back-up...
Settings... iCloud... iCloud Drive... App list... Turn off....

Sorry I should have been clearer. This isn't ONLY about the increased size of iCloud backups it's about the size in general. For example the Google Search app which I have history turned off for often gets to 700MB in App Data where it's caching search results and image data. There's no way of deleting this without manually deleting the app and reinstalling.

I just want the ability to delete app data via the iOS. Some apps give you the ability to delete app cache but not all and certainly not easily or via the iOS.

It's crazy you can have a 15MB app that has accrued nearly a Gigabyte of temporary history data!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sorry I should have been clearer. This isn't ONLY about the increased size of iCloud backups it's about the size in general. For example the Google Search app which I have history turned off for often gets to 700MB in App Data where it's caching search results and image data. There's no way of deleting this without manually deleting the app and reinstalling.

I just want the ability to delete app data via the iOS. Some apps give you the ability to delete app cache but not all and certainly not easily or via the iOS.

It's crazy you can have a 15MB app that has accrued nearly a Gigabyte of temporary history data!
The only option to delete the cache for an app that doesn't offer is deleting it completely and doing a reinstall. This is why I give an extra star review for apps that offer that.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get the following?

IPad mini updated as per the normal sequence and screens but after tapping I Agree on my iPhone 6 it immediately went to a black screen then Apple logo then the black screen with Apple logo and progress bar. Normally it stays in the settings app and you see the download in progress and preparing update etc but none of that this time!?

Anyone else see this?

How is your memory on your mini after you updated? I have the original mini and don't know how this iOS update will play with my mini..

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that when unlock from the lock screen (Touch ID), the menu bar at the top still has the lock screen font size for a brief second. It then switches to normal size. Simple bug.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How is your memory on your mini after you updated? I have the original mini and don't know how this iOS update will play with my mini..

It's working as well as 8.1.3 for me. Made nothing better, made nothing worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded both my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air 2. The update killed all audio on my iPad. The speaker does nothing except an intermittent and random BZZT. With headphones, sound is incredibly distorted and totally unusable.

I had heard that custom ringtones had caused some issues on previous iOS updates, so I started playing around with it. I was able to solve my issues by doing a hard reset, then connect it to my rMBP and remove all ringtones via iTunes. Then another hard reboot. Sound came back. Re-synced my ringtones (all custom made that I've been using on all my devices since iPhone 3GS), and all is good again. It was a major annoyance, but fairly easy to resolve.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed with the compass app if you swipe to the leveler then swipe back the compass is stuck pointing north

Edit: of course after I post this it fixed itself...

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen