iOS 8.2 released

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get the following?

IPad mini updated as per the normal sequence and screens but after tapping I Agree on my iPhone 6 it immediately went to a black screen then Apple logo then the black screen with Apple logo and progress bar. Normally it stays in the settings app and you see the download in progress and preparing update etc but none of that this time!?

Anyone else see this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone get the following?

IPad mini updated as per the normal sequence and screens but after tapping I Agree on my iPhone 6 it immediately went to a black screen then Apple logo then the black screen with Apple logo and progress bar. Normally it stays in the settings app and you see the download in progress and preparing update etc but none of that this time!?

Anyone else see this?

That means your iPhone had already downloaded the update. And when you hit the update button, it started updating immediately. No biggie

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
That means your iPhone had already downloaded the update. And when you hit the update button, it started updating immediately. No biggie

Oh cool thanks. I did think that but I don't understand how or why this happened as I've not set anything to auto download and it was next to my iPad mini the whole time and that didn't do this.

Did this happen on anyone else's?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It's worth mentioning that the reason most people report a faster device after an iOS update is almost always due to the forced reboot that clears out the memory and any open apps therefore improving speed and performance almost immediately.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having a issue with reachability not working on occasion hope that was fixed. It's been great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the issue with the screen not coming back on after I lift the phone from my face during a call is fixed. That was so annoying.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 3rd generation... Safari... Won't load any web pages... did a wipe & reinstall iOS 8.2 - no joy.

Installed Opera browser... That works...

Used Twitter to open a link in Safari... That worked... Now using Safari... Weird... But working.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully somebody releases a JB for it otherwise I'll stay on 8.1.2. Time will tell. I don't need 8.2 because I have no interest in a Apple Watch. But good to see Apple getting updates out regularly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR