Finally updated last night. Seems a bit snappier when opening apps on my Mini 3. Battery seems to be dying a little faster but I've always had that happen initially after an update. Once I let it die and recharge it'll show it's true potential.

I think I'll update my iPhone 5c, if there are good performance enhancements, that'll be more obvious with that device than my 6.
    How did your 5c perform after the update?
    03-21-2015 05:15 PM
    After being on 8.2 for a while, I have noticed that Safari seems a little better. Some of those bugs gone. It still needs work though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    melmurphy likes this.
    03-22-2015 08:30 PM
    i keep getting a no sim error.
    turning airplane mode on and off does not fix the problem.

i need to power off and on to get it searching for signal again.

wondering if anyone else has this issue on 8.2? using a 6+
    03-29-2015 02:30 AM
    Pull your sim out, clean it with alcohol, if handy, and put it back. Finger fat can cause problems.
    03-29-2015 11:42 AM
    I don't seem to have that problem with my mini. Doesn't seem to be sluggish at all.
    Do you have an iphone 6 though?

I suspect the fact I have a 6 means anything else seems sluggish in comparison.
    03-29-2015 12:41 PM
    This is the last time I'll get a 16gb device, ever haha. I'm not sure why but I always feel like if I use all my device's storage it will slow down. So I always keep at least 4gb free. Weird, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha I do the same thing don't worry! Ironically I have a 64gb 6 and I try to keep it as free as possible which makes no sense but it's my OCD. I can't justify getting a bigger iPad as I never really keep music or games in it. I just use it for surfing, reading, shopping and watching a film or two when travelling. I always delete the films after I've seen them so that isn't an issue. I just think it's really poor the big guns get away without implementing a proper garbage collection to clear the temp cache.

One thing I will never do again is buy a wifi only iPad. I had no idea that only the 3/4G iPads have GPS. I'd love to have my TomTom app on my mini and use all the other features within apps from having GPS.
    03-29-2015 12:48 PM
    Haha I do the same thing don't worry! Ironically I have a 64gb 6 and I try to keep it as free as possible which makes no sense but it's my OCD. I can't justify getting a bigger iPad as I never really keep music or games in it. I just use it for surfing, reading, shopping and watching a film or two when travelling. I always delete the films after I've seen them so that isn't an issue. I just think it's really poor the big guns get away without implementing a proper garbage collection to clear the temp cache.

One thing I will never do again is buy a wifi only iPad. I had no idea that only the 3/4G iPads have GPS. I'd love to have my TomTom app on my mini and use all the other features within apps from having GPS.
    That's true on older phones like the 4s on iOS 8. It's recommended to keep 20% of the space free so as not to constrain the system. The newer phones are fine.

03-29-2015 04:08 PM
    That's true on older phones like the 4s on iOS 8. It's recommended to keep 20% of the space free so as not to constrain the system. The newer phones are fine.

Haha regardless on whether it has virtual memory or not I still have this habit of not filling up my devices. I think it's just being stuck in my ways from the old school tech days of the early 90's.
    03-29-2015 06:59 PM
    Anybody updated to 8.2 on a iPhone 5? Any issues??
    04-01-2015 02:07 PM
    Anybody updated to 8.2 on a iPhone 5? Any issues??
    No, nothing specific to the iPhone 5. I do experience some of the common issues all the phone's have. 8.2 is doing very well on my 5.

04-01-2015 07:31 PM
    No, nothing specific to the iPhone 5. I do experience some of the common issues all the phone's have. 8.2 is doing very well on my 5.

What common issues are you experiencing?
    04-01-2015 07:56 PM
    What common issues are you experiencing?
    Was having issue where shortcuts can not be deleted in Settings. May still be that way. It's a common iOS 8 problem. The shortcuts I had created 3 years ago were interfering with my stock keyboard use. I made some bad ones. I would delete them, but they came back. There's a thread about the issue on an Apple Discussion Board. The only way to fix it is to restore the phone as new. I did that. All my shortcuts went away and I started fresh. Also the common issue of the 3rd party keyboards causing the messages app to freeze up. They also don't play well with contacts. When I try to enter info for a contact using SwiftKey or other keyboards, the cursor is all over the place. That's all I can think of at the moment.

04-01-2015 08:27 PM
    I don't use third party keyboards and I've never had a problem with shortcuts.
    04-01-2015 08:30 PM
    I don't use third party keyboards and I've never had a problem with shortcuts.
    Have you tried to delete a shortcut since iOS 8 began? Most people have not tried that.

04-01-2015 10:21 PM
    Do you have an iphone 6 though?

I suspect the fact I have a 6 means anything else seems sluggish in comparison.
    Nope. I have a jailbroke 4s....
    04-02-2015 05:49 PM
    Good luck with it man)
    04-03-2015 05:41 PM
    Haha that would explain why your iPad mini seems fine. Wait until you use an iPhone 6 daily then use a mini it really is painful waiting for apps to load and switching between the apps etc.
    04-04-2015 06:26 AM
    How did your 5c perform after the update?
    I actually just updated the 5c last night. Works great. Definitely snappier.
    04-06-2015 08:17 AM
218 ... 789