How can I set up iMessage for my five year old?

mrtoner

May 9, 2013
Visit site
iMessage for Preteen

My five-year-old is pretty proficient with an iPad, having used the first-gen iPad for about three years. I want to set him up on Messages so he can send iMessages to me and his mommy.

I can't set him up with his own, legitimate Apple ID, since he's under the age of 13. I suppose I can falsify his birthdate, but is there some other means that I'm missing?

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: iMessage for Preteen

Read that support page. I thought Apple wasn't going to use security questions anymore. Am I misinformed?

mrtoner

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I had it stuck in my mind that Family Sharing wasn't going to be useful except for sharing purchases—but that support document makes it clear that kids will be able to "participate in Family Sharing and use other Apple services such as iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center."

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I had it stuck in my mind that Family Sharing wasn't going to be useful except for sharing purchases—but that support document makes it clear that kids will be able to "participate in Family Sharing and use other Apple services such as iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center."

I was under the same impression since I never really looked at the details of family sharing. Good stuff to know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice