Slow to send iMessage

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had this lately along with my family. Send a iMessage and it won't say delivered for 5 minutes up to an hour. Has anyone experienced this lately?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the receiving party's data coverage. For example let's say you send an iMessage to your mom's iPhone and she's at the market where she gets literally no cellular data, she won't receive that message until she walks out and gets cellular data. The counter to something like that is going into your settings - messages and toggling on "Send as SMS."

Or let's say your brother uses her Wifi only iPad for iMessage and he's someplace without wifi. Your sent message will just sit there undelivered until his iPad finally connects to Wifi and is, thus, delivered.

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
First off, it depends on the iMessage. If you're sending an iMessage with photo / video content, then it'll take a much longer time than just a simple "hey whats up?" text iMessage. The rate as to how fast an iMessage is delivered from one party to another however is based off of your internet speed. If you're connected to your Wi-Fi at home, then chances are it'll be delivered much faster than you not being connected at all (Based off of your internet speed at home). The person receiving the iMessage receive rate is also based off of the internet speed.

Check to see if you have proper internet coverage!

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Been on wifi at home and texting the same person at home it delays or ill be out it good coverage and text someone at home on our wifi and it delayed like I said. Our internet speeds are very good also.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it usually has more to do with spotty data coverage or even sometimes just iMessage being a bit spotty at times

jwrich

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue! I only use my iPad at home with my wifi. We have a great wifi signal. Often I can't get my iMessages to even open, much less show the current messages. I've searched the Internet and can't find a solution!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue! I only use my iPad at home with my wifi. We have a great wifi signal. Often I can't get my iMessages to even open, much less show the current messages. I've searched the Internet and can't find a solution!
I'm sorry, but I can't understand how that is happening, and can only assume you have a corrupted file, app or setting. If you have a "strong Wi-Fi connection", excellent internet service and are able to send and receive iMessages then you should be able to open and read the messages. Having said that, you may need to restore your device and set it up as new. You can try resetting your 'network settings' as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711