Apple Reveals iOS 8.3, Ignores Ongoing Problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As has been the case from the start, "some" users will always have issues, and I'd argue that a good deal of the issues some people are having are user-caused. Having said that, how is Apple "ignoring ongoing problems" just because it has opened iOS 8.3 to developers? Won't it be available to us all in the very near future? What about the millions who are NOT having the issues stated in the article? I assume they far outnumber those who are.

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Well I'd call my problems with my bluetooth headset from LG an ongoing problem. It worked fine with my Windows phone but as soon as I connect it to my iPhone I lose all volume control. That was with IOS 8.1.2. I had hoped that 8.1.3 would solve it but still nothing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I'd call my problems with my bluetooth headset from LG an ongoing problem. It worked fine with my Windows phone but as soon as I connect it to my iPhone I lose all volume control. That was with IOS 8.1.2. I had hoped that 8.1.3 would solve it but still nothing.

I'm sure it is, but who's to blame - Apple or LG? I've never owned a Bluetooth headset from LG, but my Motorola Buds and my Jawbone Icon work flawlessly with iOS, even before iOS 8.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a Bluetooth, my car has hands free. So no issue there.
No other issues. From my perspective, Apple isn't ignoring anything since I've got none of the issues there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
3rd party keyboards still won't play nice with the messages app. I have other issues as well. When I tap a link in an email, and it goes to Safari, it often times will not open. I'm stuck on the favorites screen until I tap the search bar then go. Siri often comes up after I push the home button once. Then she won't go away when I push the home button again. It then goes to invert colors. When I finally get off that, I'm stuck where I am. I turned Siri off. Now I get "Voice Controls". LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
About the only "issue" I still have is with 3rd party keyboards. It wasn't worth it so I ended up deleting them. I really do like swiftkey but it drives me crazy when it's there sometimes and not others. Not a huge deal. I like the apple keyboard just fine. It does the job. This article is pure click bait and since I clicked, I guess it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time that I read these so called issues I end up scratching my head. Most often than not these aren't issues for me.

Like the whole wifi thing....no idea......

Sent from my iPhone 3Gs using Tapatalk

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time that I read these so called issues I end up scratching my head. Most often than not these aren't issues for me.

Like the whole wifi thing....no idea......

I also thought I was the only one with problems with my LG headset until I googled it and saw that the majority of owners had the same problem.

I also don't know how extensive problems are until they affect me as well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. What I mean is I've got no problem with the Honda Link. I used to have Jabra and Motorola BT and those were always trouble. Honda Link is flawless. So it isn't the BT IN the phone, it's the BT device.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Yup. What I mean is I've got no problem with the Honda Link. I used to have Jabra and Motorola BT and those were always trouble. Honda Link is flawless. So it isn't the BT IN the phone, it's the BT device.

I agree. The bt implementation on iPhone is pretty flawless. Usually it's the devices connecting to the iPhone that present problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2