Help on Apple's Reminders App Badges

reightz

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey there.
I've been searching, reading and reading for a week and didnt get it to work properly. Hope you can help me.

Badge system seems to be broken on my default Reminders app.
Once i set a reminder (time based reminder) and it gets overdue the badge just don?t update at all. Tried several tips to get it working -- no success.
Only way i've found to force the badge on it is either snoozing up the reminder (locked or unlocked screen) or restarting (power OFF/ON) the iPhone.
Read somewhere that in order to get it working i must keep Reminders background app refresh ON but Reminders does not appears on my background app refresh list under iPhone settings no matter what i do.

Tried like 20 apps for my reminders but none has satisfied me as the stock one does (except for the badge issue of course).

Any suggestions on how to get my stock reminder's badge working ?
Would appreciate any help.
Tnx in advance.

--> iPhone 5C (16gb) running iOS 8.1.3

--> Updating my research:
1. Changed mail/calendar/contacts settings to PUSH for icloud in order to sync immediatly between icloud.com and iphone. Indeed it does sync but iphone badge still don't work when reminder overdue but icloud does works great (immediatly after the time i had set on reminder i got the badge on icloud.com reminder icon --- but nothing on iphone tho).

2. Restored the phone all the way -- no success.

3. Tried another icloud acc -- no success.

Last edited:

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you do a hard reset of your phone(press sleep/wake button and home button for 10 seconds until Apple logo appears) and then see if it brings out any difference?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Are you saying that when you receive the notification for the reminder app that you only get the alert but the badge doesn't show? I believe the only way to get the badge on the app icon would be snoozing the reminder, thus making it an active reminder creating the badge.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you set the Reminders notifications to "Alerts" as shown in image, you will get a pop up alert that will require you to tap "OK".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423517429.518349.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

reightz

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Considering your astonishing reaction i now have a million dollar question:

Does your Reminders app show a badge right after the alert for a reminder?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Considering your astonishing reaction i now have a million dollar question:

Does your Reminders app show a badge right after the alert for a reminder?
Who is this addressed to? If me, I don't like the red badges for everything. I use as few as possible and don't have it on for Reminders. If I had it, I would probably have to open the app to get rid of it. The notification alert I get is all I need.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I also have Reminders synced to my calendar which shows the tasks and also alerts me. They stay there until I tap the little circles.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423597718.154109.jpg

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Are you saying that when you receive the notification for the reminder app that you only get the alert but the badge doesn't show? I believe the only way to get the badge on the app icon would be snoozing the reminder, thus making it an active reminder creating the badge.

This seems to be how it is behaving but IMO this makes the app useless to me. I need the badge in my face for a reminder as I barely use notification center.

Very confusing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner