iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having battery issues since the latest update. My battery on my 6 and 5S are draining extremely fast.

Check your battery usage and make sure that your usage and standby times are not identical. If they are, you probably have a faulty app or setting is probably the culprit.

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup, since updating a few hours ago I'm losing 1 - 2% every 5 minutes and that's doing nothing but checking usage. All apps closed, no background app refresh, nothing. Other than an over night drain that I mentioned in another thread, I've never had battery issues on my 6, been happy and impressed with usage until this update. Guess I'll give it a day or so to see if it settles down.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 76570Here's where I'm at now

Well, you won't be able to tell until after you've charged your device. Anyway, go through your 3rd-party app listing and see if ALL of them are optimized for the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6. Also, if you update OTA, you might consider restoring your devices and setting them up as new.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I will check in the morning when I'm charged

Just to let you know, if you restart your phone or iOS crashes, it will show you the same dashes in your picture for usage time. I learned that the hard way. Is your phone crashing or you just didn't fully charge it?

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not crashing those issues stopped with the update thankfully however the battery sucks now on both the 6 and 5S now. I used to get through a day fairly well now I'm having to charge before I get midway through the day. iMoreAppImg_20150131_090528.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not crashing those issues stopped with the update thankfully however the battery sucks now on both the 6 and 5S now. I used to get through a day fairly well now I'm having to charge before I get midway through the day. View attachment 76600

Other than to go through each and every setting, I don't know what to tell you. Is the cellular and Wi-Fi signal strength strong throughout the day? Bluetooth connectivity is and has always been my biggest source of battery drainage and therefore when I exit my vehicle, I immediately disable Bluetooth.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I went through my apps and I have 10 that are not optimized for the 6 and can honestly delete all but one as I need the Bank of America app. Hopefully this will help out.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why apps that aren't optimized for the 6 are going to be a problem. Is that something that Apple confirmed?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I went through my apps and I have 10 that are not optimized for the 6 and can honestly delete all but one as I need the Bank of America app. Hopefully this will help out.

I don't see why apps that aren't optimized for the 6 are going to be a problem. Is that something that Apple confirmed?

Apps that aren't optimized for the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus are nothing more than a minor inconvenience. Sure it would be nice to have them all perfectly optimized, but they are still fully functional. Too much ado about nothing.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My BofA app is not optimized for my iPhone 6 Plus, but it is not causing any issues. The one that did me in was the USPS app. As soon as I deleted it, and rebooted my device, my battery situation returned to normal. That was early on when I initially got the device. Anyway, sometime today I plan on putting my device in DFU and then restoring at as new like I always do shortly after an iOS update has been released. My device is running great as-is, but it's just what I do.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apps that aren't optimized for the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus are nothing more than a minor inconvenience. Sure it would be nice to have them all perfectly optimized, but they are still fully functional. Too much ado about nothing.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Very true for the most part, but some apps, whether due to not being optimized or just poor coding, has caused problems after devices have been updated to a new iOS version. It's definitely minor to those of us who tinker with out devices and settings and test out beta apps, etcetera, but for the typical user, it can be problematic.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I think I'll just restore as a new phone. Maybe this will help...

Hopefully, it will. Be sure to make a backup and offload any important documents, photos, videos, music beforehand. Also, if you have a password manager app, be sure to export a backup, just in case.

xzero12345

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys, updated my 6+ 128GB to 8.1.3 For me the battery life sucks good after the update. Contacted apple support about this and after all the diagnostic and chats they recommend me to bring it for inspection at my nearest service center :/ Check out my battery life and usage guys IMG_1978.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice