iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I might have to do a full discharge and recharge of my 5S cause my battery is draining a bit to fast for me (4-7% per hour in standby) but in terms of regular usage it's fine.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't having any issues before and I am not having any issues now so I it was a good update for me. The screen rotation may be a tad snappier on my 6 Plus, but I never had an issue with it before. All good stuff.

Same here. No noticeable difference on my 5s or Air2

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did the update fix the issue?

It appears not. I've had it happen at least 4 times that I have noticed since doing the update. When I had 8.1.2 I hoped a carrier update would fix it but it didn't. So I don't expect the same with this one. Resetting Network Settings constantly, restarting the phone, restoring as new, none of those have ever fixed it. I have a feeling Ill be heading to the Apple Store this week sometime.

l.i. bruce fan

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Just updated my iPad Air2. Haven't really noticed any difference yet. Will wait to do my 5s since it's running great.

I am somewhat anxious to update my Air 2, I have problems intermittently with the multi-finger close gesture (which is mentioned in the bug list) and also the rarely reported sound issue where I lose all sound after a power cycle or hard reboot. I've seen a couple of reports hardly widespread, regarding this, and had the issue on an earlier Air 2 that I had to return for screen issues, so I'm hopeful it is a software not hardware glitch, any idea if this sound issue has been resolved? Also, on the 6 Plus (still on 8.1.1) the only real issues I have are Safari and occasionally email crashing in landscape mode, any idea if this has been resolved?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually found something visibly different on 8.1.3 that I don't recall looking that way before. But then, I'm getting old age memory probs. Someone tell me if the notes list in the Notes app is different. Here's a screen shot :
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422485832.216008.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually found something visibly different on 8.1.3 that I don't recall looking that way before. But then, I'm getting old age memory probs. Someone tell me if the notes list in the Notes app is different. Here's a screen shot :
View attachment 76431

No, Led. That's what it looked like since the start of iOS 8.

Unless there's something different that's so minute that I don't see it ! Lol.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am somewhat anxious to update my Air 2, I have problems intermittently with the multi-finger close gesture (which is mentioned in the bug list) and also the rarely reported sound issue where I lose all sound after a power cycle or hard reboot. I've seen a couple of reports hardly widespread, regarding this, and had the issue on an earlier Air 2 that I had to return for screen issues, so I'm hopeful it is a software not hardware glitch, any idea if this sound issue has been resolved? Also, on the 6 Plus (still on 8.1.1) the only real issues I have are Safari and occasionally email crashing in landscape mode, any idea if this has been resolved?

I have a Verizon WiFi/Cellular Air2 and I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned before or after the iOS8.1.3

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the losing multi gesture problem sporadically on my iPad Air 2 as well, I updated last night and haven't had the problem yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

The other issue was that my iPhone 6 camera would not make the click sound with the first shot and that issue is still there. :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, Led. That's what it looked like since the start of iOS 8.

Unless there's something different that's so minute that I don't see it ! Lol.

Maybe the text is larger. [Goes to Accessibility to check text size]

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The other issue was that my iPhone 6 camera would not make the click sound with the first shot and that issue is still there. :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I still see this on my 5S, but my iPad Air 1st gen will "shutter" on the first pic taken.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My 5S does the shutter sound the first time when I take a pic

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

I was just messing with this again intermittently on my 5S, and now each time it has been shuttering on the first shot.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The text is definitely larger in my Notes app list. I looked in Accessibility, but the text size had not changed from where it had been set. I don't see any change anywhere else. Hmm!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone come across a situation where iMessage either will not switch to landscape mode or when it does, the keyboard remains in portrait mode?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422495874.660051.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods