Sorry if this is in the wrong place but wanted to know if there's any means of getting around this problem...

So I use the dictation feature quite a lot to dictate long emails and messages. By dictation I don't mean Siri I mean the microphone button next to the space bar on the keyboard. The problem I have is my name is spelled Darran not Darren so when I say my name it automatically resolves to Darren via dictation. I can't even add keyboard shortcuts because I do have friends called Darren. My biggest issue is instead of entering my email address manually I dictate it as it's much quicker only it uses the Darren spelling and not Darran and I want to find a way of forcing the right spelling rather than me remembering to edit it out afterwards. I know with Siri you can force it to pronounce the name correctly but ideally I just want my spelling to be used when used in conjunction with the rest of my email address.

Any suggestions and I don't want to hear things like change my name!
    01-25-2015 07:30 PM
    Not sure this would work, but you could try making a shortcut of something like d@mail.com to your actual email and then speak d@mail.com to Siri.
    01-25-2015 07:39 PM
    Not sure this would work, but you could try making a shortcut of something like d@mail.com to your actual email and then speak d@mail.com to Siri.
    Thanks Karen but tried that using the wrong spelling and the right spelling and when I dictate is types the wrong spelling but because it was dictated it doesn't then convert to the correct spelling even if I press space afterwards.
    01-25-2015 09:10 PM