Is anyone still having issues with quick reply?

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone still having issues with quick reply? I am consistently having issues even after force closing the messages app and doing a hard reset. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Issues with quick reply

Nope., and I use the Quick Reply feature everyday. Restore your device and set it up as new is my suggestion.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you by chance using any aftermarket keyboards? When I was using them I would have nothing but problems.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you by chance using any aftermarket keyboards? When I was using them I would have nothing but problems.

That was the first thing I thought of as well. I have not had any problems with quick reply as long as I'm using the stock keyboard. I've had a few apps crash when using 3rd party keyboards though. I would imagine it could do the same to quick reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray sital

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
No issues with quick reply but as cwbcpa said it may be because of 3 rd party keyboard. I had issues when I used a 3rd party keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Still? I never had an issue with Quick Reply! It's worked like a charm for me. I do wish the 3rd party keyboards worked with it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok I thought this was fixed through several upgrades, replacement phone, and wiping the device. For some reason quick reply just stops work and by that I mean the keyboard won't appear. I can do a hard reset and it works for a little while and then boom it starts doing it again. Does anyone have some insight on what I can do??

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok I thought getting a new phone would fix it and I was wrong now my 6 plus is having the same issue 😡😡. Does anyone have a suggestion to fix?

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I had issues when using Swiftkey. the keyboard wouldn't show at all. Maybe Swiftkey doesn't work with QR b/c when I'm using swiftkey I delete the stock keyboard entirely...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had issues when using Swiftkey. the keyboard wouldn't show at all. Maybe Swiftkey doesn't work with QR b/c when I'm using swiftkey I delete the stock keyboard entirely...

No, SwiftKey does not work with Quick Reply. I use SwiftKey as my main keyboard. But I've not had issues with Quick Reply other than switching to stock. I get the missing keyword in the Messages app some. But still prefer SwiftKey.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I was wrong. SwiftKey does work with Quick Reply. I haven't used Quick Reply in a while. But just did and SwiftKey aced it.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the stock keyboard. Idk what it is and it happens all the time I can reset it works for a little bit snd boom it happens again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the stock keyboard. Idk what it is and it happens all the time I can reset it works for a little bit snd boom it happens again.

Are you pulling down on the message banner? That brings up the keyboard.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
If it's happening on your old phone and your brand new 6 plus then it's not hardware related. I'd say something in your setup or settings is corrupted. Personally I'd do a clean install as its a new iphone and you want to eliminate all the little issues you've carried over.

Plug your iphone into your computer and then do a sync and also what I do is delete all my apps in iTunes then click file>devices > transfer purchases from iPhone it will then copy over all your current apps to iTunes. Once done I'd do a erase all content and settings and when it reboots connect to your wifi and choose to setup as a new iphone then log in with your Apple ID and it will bring over your iCloud contacts if you back them up via iCloud. All you then need to do is enter your email account and configure the settings for email and then wallpaper and sounds etc then plug your iphone into your computer and drag and drop all your apps onto your iphone once that's don't you can sync your music and videos and books and then sign into all your newly installed apps and this is a fresh start for you and hopefully no more issues. If you still get probs it's gonna be a conflicting app or keyboard which you just delete one by one until it works!

You can send yourself and iMessage then quickly press the home button so you can test quick reply.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to do any of this can you add a screen grab of your keyboards screen working settings > general then tap keyboards and keyboards again to show how many keyboards you have installed? Also do a screen grab of how it looks once you pull down on the banner to perform a quick reply?