Just got 6+ [Android since ip4] I'm back. Shows 94.7mb used.How? I was on wifi all day??!!

blowabs

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I thought that when you have wifi on cellular data is Never use?? no??
Help...only have 10gb a month.oping I would not have to go to 15gb [yeah ..I am a cheapie sometimes...lol]
help. Thank You!:mad:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore blowabs

Your cellular data will kick in when your out of wifi range but will reconnect automatically when it detects your router

10gig is a lot of data and your new device is great at managing that data via cache of sites and use of GPS in maps. You should have no problems with that amount

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Let me take a guess... You're on AT&T? Over at Windows Central, several people were complaining about this same issue, that they were supposedly using up all this data even when they had cellular off and were only using Wi-Fi.

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore blowabs

Your cellular data will kick in when your out of wifi range but will reconnect automatically when it detects your router

10gig is a lot of data and your new device is great at managing that data via cache of sites and use of GPS in maps. You should have no problems with that amount

Agree. 10GBs a month should be fine dude. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

blowabs

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank You! ...everyone...No, MetalChick, I have VZ. Found out from VZ store cellular data usage isn't necessarily actual data usage. I gave up my unlimited account to save money with an Edge account to save some money. I only use 7.5 gb a month but I hotspot my SGN3, with Foxfi for free for 8 hours a month. I hope I don't go over 10gb. Anyone know of a free hotspot app[not for jailbroken iphone]?? thx

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank You! ...everyone...No, MetalChick, I have VZ. Found out from VZ store cellular data usage isn't necessarily actual data usage. I gave up my unlimited account to save money with an Edge account to save some money. I only use 7.5 gb a month but I hotspot my SGN3, with Foxfi for free for 8 hours a month. I hope I don't go over 10gb. Anyone know of a free hotspot app[not for jailbroken iphone]?? thx

As in creating a hotspot? That's where your data is going. Your phone is not using WiFi, it's CREATING WiFi and using your cellular data.

tamaralig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Basically any mms messages that you send or receive don't go through wifi they will go through cellular and visual voicemail still uses cellular. Turn cellular off and you will notice that both services stop and visual voicemail grays out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234