Setup: iPhone 5 and iPad 2, both on iOS 8.1.1, calendar syncs via Google.

There is a periodic event I get invited to via an .ics file attached to email. I will import that file to my calendar on either of my two iThings and all is good, until it's not.

What happens is that initially, it gets imported fine on one of them, automatically uploads to Google and then down to the other device, no problem. Then, with no trigger I can identify, it's gone from my Google calendar on the web and from one of my two iThings, but not both. I think, but cannot say with certainty, that the iThing that it's still on is the one I imported it with.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting this issue.

No other appointments or events I add from either device or on the web go missing, just these imported events.

I do have an alternate calendar app installed, but it's set to just use the iOS native calendar database, not do any syncing on its own (I prefer its UI over the native app, especially on the phone but prefer the data syncing to be done natively to ensure that things that should see it can see it).
    12-29-2014 04:01 PM
    In the settings on the iOS devices... under Mail, Contacts, Calendars - in the Calendars section... check the "sync" settings - are they the same on both devices? Is this calendar item dropping off because one of the iOS devices has gone past whatever that sync setting is??
    12-29-2014 04:30 PM
    In the settings on the iOS devices... under Mail, Contacts, Calendars - in the Calendars section... check the "sync" settings - are they the same on both devices? Is this calendar item dropping off because one of the iOS devices has gone past whatever that sync setting is??
    Thanks for the reply.

Both devices are set to sync all events. Not that it would matter in this case as the item that prompted me to ask the question is scheduled for tomorrow. And as I noted, the event was missing from Google as well.

Oh, one revision to the symptoms: The event stays on the iPad. The iPad is a wifi only device, and when I'm not at home it usually does not have a connection.
    12-29-2014 08:21 PM