Stop Sharing You Location Prompt?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else getting the following?

As of this evening I've randomly started getting the following happen. When I swipe to delete a message from someone I'm sharing my location with in Find Friends etc when I tap the red delete button I'm promoted to stop sharing my location! This has only started happening tonight out of the blue and there's not been an iOS update for a few weeks now.

I have a bit of OCD so constantly delete my messages after sending or reading so it's not like I've not noticed this before. I decided to try it out by sending myself and iMessage then tapping details and choosing to share my location with myself. Then return the the messages screen and swipe left and tap delete on the message thread and it prompts me to stop sharing my location as per the attached image. What's annoying is I have a lot of friends in find friends so I'm promoted to stop sharing after nearly every message I delete! Weird this just kicked in tonight!

Anyone else get this happen?ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1419211016.337527.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They're not telling you that you have to stop sharing your location with friends. It's just a safeguard in case someone might be doing it without realizing it. They may not want to. Just hit yes or no and keep going. It's similar to messsges we've gotten all along, like apps asking for permission to access our photos. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'm not alarmed and I understand what it means I'm just surprised that all of a sudden it's started asking me this every time I delete a message thread. I delete every thread immediately after sending or reading so this is quite annoying that all of a sudden it's adding another step haha.

I just can't understand why it would suddenly start prompting for this every time all of a sudden!?

Like everyone else I have the prompts now and again to remind me an app is using my location in the background but I understand this as it's just a now and then prompt and not all the time as where this is every time!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I'm not alarmed and I understand what it means I'm just surprised that all of a sudden it's started asking me this every time I delete a message thread. I delete every thread immediately after sending or reading so this is quite annoying that all of a sudden it's adding another step haha.

I just can't understand why it would suddenly start prompting for this every time all of a sudden!?

Like everyone else I have the prompts now and again to remind me an app is using my location in the background but I understand this as it's just a now and then prompt and not all the time as where this is every time!

Yeah. There's been several new pop up messages. Maybe started with iOS 8.1.2. Don't you just love how Apple throws these out without any warning or message telling about it?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. There's been several new pop up messages. Maybe started with iOS 8.1.2. Don't you just love how Apple throws these out without any warning or message telling about it?

Haha what's funny is how it randomly started and not immediately after an iOS update either! Then after doing it for a few hours it's now stopped! WTF!?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox