12-05-2014 07:12 PM
    Not really. I used to use it when my lock button stopped functioning on my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    12-06-2014 06:06 AM
    I've been using it since iOS 6

It comes in handy when my iphone is mounted to my car because there's no home button jarring just a screen tap. I also find it more convenient while taking screenshots
    12-06-2014 08:07 AM
    I use this all the time since it came out. Prevents my home button from wear and tear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-06-2014 08:10 AM
    I have this fear that one fine morning my home button might just give up on me. So, I have been using assistive touch ever since I bought my iPhone.
    12-07-2014 11:03 AM
    I use it mainly because I can screen cap and control volume buttons with one hand. I originally was using it when my lock button stopped working on my 5.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-18-2014 09:27 PM
    Use it all the time. The home button takes allot of wear and tear, I figured any help saving the home button is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-27-2014 03:46 PM
    I use it on my iPhone 5S & iPad Air
    Using it for several years including previous devices.
    Good Luck
    12-27-2014 04:42 PM
    I used it for quite a long time because it help reduce the wear and tear of the Home and Power buttons. However, I noticed that there is a bug with the Notification Center and Control Center and stopped using it.
    12-28-2014 06:06 AM
    I used it for quite a long time because it help reduce the wear and tear of the Home and Power buttons. However, I noticed that there is a bug with the Notification Center and Control Center and stopped using it.
    I'm not having any issues with it on my iPhone 5S or my iPad Air.
    Good Luck
    12-28-2014 11:21 AM
    Welcome to iMore neonlex

I also have been using it for sometime and haven't experienced any of the issues you stated. Can you give us a little more info on the bug your experiencing??
    12-28-2014 11:48 AM
    I use this all the time since it came out. Prevents my home button from wear and tear
    Use it all the time. The home button takes allot of wear and tear, I figured any help saving the home button is the way to go.
    I dont use assistive touch at all. The Home button was put there for a reason.

Ive owned every model iPhone since the original. I have NEVER had a Home button fail. The "takes a lot of wear and tear" argument is pure poppycock.

Do you also use headphones to save wear and tear on the speaker? SMH
    12-28-2014 01:06 PM

Ive owned every model iPhone since the original. I have NEVER had a Home button fail. The "takes a lot of wear and tear" argument is pure poppycock.

Agreed. I've had every iPhone except the original and 3GS and never had "wear and tear" issues for the home button. And I use my phone many hours a day so my lack of issue isn't from lack of use. I haven't had any trouble with any of my iPads either.
    12-28-2014 03:18 PM
    I've actually been having some odd issues with my home button, so I'm using Assistive Touch until I figure out my odd problem that involves Siri. I know...long story.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-28-2014 03:39 PM

Lucky you. I had two phones that had home button problems. IPhone 3g and 3GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-28-2014 10:36 PM