Anyone else uses the Assistive Touch feature? And why?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it since iOS 6

It comes in handy when my iphone is mounted to my car because there's no home button jarring just a screen tap. I also find it more convenient while taking screenshots

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have this fear that one fine morning my home button might just give up on me. So, I have been using assistive touch ever since I bought my iPhone.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use it mainly because I can screen cap and control volume buttons with one hand. I originally was using it when my lock button stopped working on my 5.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Use it all the time. The home button takes allot of wear and tear, I figured any help saving the home button is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neonlex

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I used it for quite a long time because it help reduce the wear and tear of the Home and Power buttons. However, I noticed that there is a bug with the Notification Center and Control Center and stopped using it.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I used it for quite a long time because it help reduce the wear and tear of the Home and Power buttons. However, I noticed that there is a bug with the Notification Center and Control Center and stopped using it.

I'm not having any issues with it on my iPhone 5S or my iPad Air.
Good Luck

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore neonlex

I also have been using it for sometime and haven't experienced any of the issues you stated. Can you give us a little more info on the bug your experiencing??

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use this all the time since it came out. Prevents my home button from wear and tear

Use it all the time. The home button takes allot of wear and tear, I figured any help saving the home button is the way to go.

I don?t use assistive touch at all. The Home button was put there for a reason.

I?ve owned every model iPhone since the original. I have NEVER had a Home button fail. The "takes a lot of wear and tear" argument is pure poppycock.

Do you also use headphones to save wear and tear on the speaker? SMH

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been having some odd issues with my home button, so I'm using Assistive Touch until I figure out my odd problem that involves Siri. I know...long story.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon(767240)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don?t use assistive touch at all. The Home button was put there for a reason.

I?ve owned every model iPhone since the original. I have NEVER had a Home button fail. The "takes a lot of wear and tear" argument is pure poppycock.

Do you also use headphones to save wear and tear on the speaker? SMH

Lucky you. I had two phones that had home button problems. IPhone 3g and 3GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2