Why the heck do all pics get dumped in Camera Roll?!

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have pictures of your GF on your phone that you're not comfortable with others seeing, why would you hand your phone over to someone in the first place?
Because people wanna take a look at the phone, the design, OS itself and stuff like that. But you know how idiotic people can be these days by going into someone's privacy randomly without even asking for a permission.

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Because people wanna take a look at the phone, the design, OS itself and stuff like that. But you know how idiotic people can be these days by going into someone's privacy randomly without even asking for a permission.

Right. So knowing that, and knowing that you have GF pics of a private nature, just say no. If you hand over your phone knowing that someone's probably going to poke around and see those private GF pics, that's on you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you don't like any suggestions made, you can also hide photos on your camera roll. Just long press on a photo, and it gives you the option to hide the photo. They can, however, still be seen in the "Moments" view. But most would go for the camera roll.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418312076.172432.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wish that it got rid of the screenshots from the camera roll folder and just kept them in the screenshots folder

Posted via the iMore App for Android

So it still keeps the screenshots in the camera roll???
I was hoping it got rid of them from the camera roll as well. Got all excited for nothing

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So it still keeps the screenshots in the camera roll???
I was hoping it got rid of them from the camera roll as well. Got all excited for nothing

Yep it still keeps them in the camera roll. Just makes a separate folder for them as well so that means they are in two folders. I know the feeling too. I got all excited over nothing as well until I download the ios9 beta -_-

Posted via the iMore App for Android

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Not many here will complain. On iOS this is what we know and fought to get back when they tried to change it

Out of curiosity, why was there so much backlash when Apple tried to separate/organize pics into different folders? How does this change negatively impact your usage flow?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why was there so much backlash when Apple tried to separate/organize pics into different folders? How does this change negatively impact your usage flow?

They were mostly confused. Many thought their photos had vanished. IDK. I like having the roll.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, there's an iOS app called Utiful to separate and organize pics in folders, you can then forget Apple's "albums". You can move photos from the Camera Roll to the app as you wish (or also back to the Camera Roll). In Utiful, you can organize in as many folders just as you like. Simple & effective. So you can just move the screenshots to Utiful and they won't clutter your Camera Roll anymore.

Sounds kind of like one I use called MyPhoto. You can create albums and album groups. It has a lot of nice features. I use it some. But most of my photos I have set up with folders and subfolders in the Box app. That gets them totally off the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh