How to prevent sending iMessage/text messages to the wrong person

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there any mechanism available to help prevent this potentially embarrassing mistake?

Sent via Tapatalk on my i6...

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
True. I wish there was a way to "cancel" something from sending, but nothing as far as I know can do this. Just watch what you are doing or be prepared to explain lol

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there any mechanism available to help prevent this potentially embarrassing mistake?

Yes, use your Brain.app. It's the grey squishy thing between your ears.

How do you expect any application to programmatically know who you meant to send a message to?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, use your Brain.app. It's the grey squishy thing between your ears.

How do you expect any application to programmatically know who you meant to send a message to?

Yeah well obviously you have to slow down and make sure who your sending to. Prior to the release of IOS 8 there was talk of such a feature but it must have been left on the cutting room floor.

Sent via Tapatalk on my i6...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah we are all just having fun. But as far as this I'm not real sure, I usually click on the persons name and send it from there. You can do it with BBM but no one uses it lol.

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I do this, too.

I know in gmail they have the feature where you type "please see the attachment" and they remind you if you dont have an attachment. I cant see why they couldnt build in something like this for messaging. Its not common for people to start a text with "hi NAME" so you couldnt just do that, but maybe they could review your recent messages for keywords and if the new message seems out of context make a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to send.

Seems like it shouldnt be that hard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox