Why is my iMessage creating two threads for the same person?

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
iMessage Creating Two Threads for Same Person

Since iOS 8, I've had issues with iMessage conversations with my wife. There isn't any pattern that I can tell but at least once a week I will receive a message from her and the message will have created a new thread in iMessage. So when I look at my conversations I see two entries for her. I will respond to the message in the old thread that has all of our history and then any responses will start showing back up in the right thread but eventually it happens again. She is always sending the messages to my phone number and not to the email address I have assigned. Anyone have a clue what is causing this? I haven't seen it happen with anyone else but I also don't send messages as frequently to anyone else.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iMessage Creating Two Threads for Same Person

Since iOS 8, I've had issues with iMessage conversations with my wife. There isn't any pattern that I can tell but at least once a week I will receive a message from her and the message will have created a new thread in iMessage. So when I look at my conversations I see two entries for her. I will respond to the message in the old thread that has all of our history and then any responses will start showing back up in the right thread but eventually it happens again. She is always sending the messages to my phone number and not to the email address I have assigned. Anyone have a clue what is causing this? I haven't seen it happen with anyone else but I also don't send messages as frequently to anyone else.
Go to "Send and Receive" in iMessage and FaceTime. Uncheck all the email addresses. You don't need those checked, unless you're sending iMessages via email. All you need checked is your phone number. When two threads are started, delete both threads on your phone and on hers if she has two also. Then start a new thread.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods