morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Still having problems with "not sent" error message when sending iMessages. Its still not converting to text message and sending. I have to convert it to a text message. Still not all the time and still not with just specific people. Very random. Hoped 8.1.1 would have helped. Advise ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try this:
1. Toggle off iMessage and FaceTime.
2. Sign out of iMessage and FaceTime.
3. Sign back in to iMessage and FaceTime.
4. Toggle iMessage and FaceTime back on.
5. Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Note: iMessage is not going to work with other people that don't use iPhones. Does it not work with other iPhones?

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Still having problems with "not sent" error message when sending iMessages. Its still not converting to text message and sending. I have to convert it to a text message. Still not all the time and still not with just specific people. Very random. Hoped 8.1.1 would have helped. Advise ?

I've been having the same problem ever since iOS 8 came out. This happened on my previous iPhone 5s and now my iPhone 6. I've tried many things but none make the issue go away. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
When using quick reply on the lock screen does anyone see the bright back appear for a second under the quick reply bar?. Been trying to get a picture of it but can't

Edit: got one

9aed7e75168bf0b4669c040aff02fdc4.jpg

It's quite annoying was gonna restart from scratch again or go back to 8.1. Don't remember that issue before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can? How do you do that?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I don't think you can disable that feature. But you can make it more manageable by setting the messages notification to banners, which will allow you to tap the banner that appears when you receive a text to jump to Messages, or pull down on the notification to reply. I like the feature. It's nice being able to reply to a text no matter where I am. I've had no issues with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2