iOS 8.1.1 released

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You can't downgrade unless Apple is still signing 8.1. Thing is, 8.1.1 was for older phones mostly. Some of my issues were fixed on my iP 5 with 8.1.1. But I still have the messages app freezing. No more Safari freezes though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

8.1 is still being sign currently by Apple.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

PeteStarks

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I successfully downgraded to 8.1 last night and only lost my touch ID fingerprints and apple pay info. I guess I'll wait for 8.2 because I see no difference between 8.1 and 8.1.1 on my 6 plus. Hope this helps someone not waste their time like I did. I can only assume the 8.1 signing window will close at any moment so don't get stranded on 8.1.1 with your shiney new phone for no reason at all :)

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone get the big with 8.1.1 lock screen quick reply?

d6cb65f526267098d8d36d59b84a9fb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate silly bugs like this, I just noticed when you are in a message chat and you tap details the bottom of the screen has a very thin line that appears to be part of the map! I've dragged the screen up slightly so it's easier to see on my screen grab. Apple used to be so tight with their development and you almost never had these silly bugs

View attachment 72050
How did you get that map with the profile photo? I don't see that on my iP 5. Is that a 6/6+ only feature?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
How did you get that map with the profile photo? I don't see that on my iP 5. Is that a 6/6+ only feature?

Oh it might be because that person is on my find friends list so is always sharing their location. If a contact you're chatting to within iMessage shares their location then it will appear in yours with the map also! You just tap More... Within an iMessage chat.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife got this update on her 5S, but was unable to download it. Battery is at 100%, and wifi is on. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.:confused:

Hey grunt. Did she ck to see how much storage your wife has avail? Might not be enough room to download it.....?

Have either one of you tried a hard reboot, maybe try resetting network settings and sign back into wifi. Reboot the router also.

Just a couple of suggestions.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh it might be because that person is on my find friends list so is always sharing their location. If a contact you're chatting to within iMessage shares their location then it will appear in yours with the map also! You just tap More... Within an iMessage chat.

I get the map, but no profile pic in it. But I'm testing it by messaging myself. Maybe that's why.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey grunt. Did she ck to see how much storage your wife has avail? Might not be enough room to download it.....?

Have either one of you tried a hard reboot, maybe try resetting network settings and sign back into wifi. Reboot the router also.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Good call. I think that it's a storage problem. She got a 16gb phone, with 2gb unused. Being a realtor, she keeps a lot of stuff on her phone. Thanks.:p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Good call. I think that it's a storage problem. She got a 16gb phone, with 2gb unused. Being a realtor, she keeps a lot of stuff on her phone. Thanks.:p

Ok that could be the problem then. What message is she getting on the screen when she goes into settings/software update and then prompts it to update and install?

Does it come up saying unable to download because there isn't enough storage avail in the phone? Have your wife check that.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok that could be the problem then. What message is she getting on the screen when she goes into settings/software update and then prompts it to update and install?

Does it come up saying unable to download because there isn't enough storage avail in the phone? Have your wife check that.

She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.:)

Ok, lol. Well yea know, Grandma's gotta make sure the grand babies stay happy...it's their job

Your welcome !!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I get the map, but no profile pic in it. But I'm testing it by messaging myself. Maybe that's why.

Yes it won't work with yourself. It will only show the picture if you try it with someone already on your find friends list OR if they explicitly share their location with you.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, lol. Well yea know, Grandma's gotta make sure the grand babies stay happy...it's their job

Your welcome !!

I've got a question. What about iCloud? Does it work like Google Drive? Can i put a bunch of her apps in the cloud, and then pull them down whenever, without using storage space? Thanks again for your help.:p

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You can update through iTunes and it will handle the temp space for you :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Have her delete messages, music and some apps. The music and apps can be reinstalled afterward. She can download the app Box, and upload photos and videos to it. Then delete them from the camera roll.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Have her delete messages, music and some apps. The music and apps can be reinstalled afterward. She can download the app Box, and upload photos and videos to it. Then delete them from the camera roll.

It's not the messages, or music. It's the apps. 7 or 8 pages of them. I need them off the phone to save storage space. Does iCloud work like Google Drive?:p

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not the messages, or music. It's the apps. 7 or 8 pages of them. I need them off the phone to save storage space. Does iCloud work like Google Drive?:p
No, not really. Just delete a bunch of apps. They can be reinstalled after the update. Even any paid apps can be reinstalled. I had to do it when I updated to iOS 8. Look in her settings and see which apps take the most space, then delete them. She got Facebook? It's probably gotten big. It grows. Delete it. It can be reinstalled. Go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage. Go down the list of apps and tap on them and delete.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR