iOS 8.1.1 released

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'VE FOUND THE BUG!!

The reason it's retaining your text is because you're trying this in a message that already has content! Try this in a new message where the thread is blank.

I just tried this with a friend and it kept the text because I'd already text to that person within that chat. Try it on a blank chat,

Tried it and yes I can duplicate that.

do it to yourself as it's unlikely you've been messaging yourself!

You would be surprised...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416514679.683502.jpg
I usually do that when my iMessages aren't sending to other people or my internet is acting slow...

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It seems that gmail push stopped working for Google apps accounts.
My mails are not pushed after the update

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My wifi has quit working on my iPad 3 since I did the update what is there I can do to fix this?

Never mind I fixed it I had wifi turned off on my phone when trying to connect tablet to my hotspot

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Interesting issue I just found.....When looking in the App Store at an app's reviews, in portrait mode under "current version" of the app, it shows the latest reviews. Change it to landscape mode and look at "current version" reviews. They're all old lol. Not a big issue, but just another thing in ios 8 that's not very polished and overlooked

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't vanish either but it doesn't go with the picture either. I have to SEND separately for the message. Is this how yours is?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
It's how I do it most of the time. But you can send them together. The option is there. Instead of tapping "send photo", tap Add Comment, type your text, hit send. Both get sent at the same time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416539869.118312.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery life seems to be improved on my 6... Took it off the charger around 8am yesterday and was still at 70% at 11:15pm... I've never been above 50% at that time of day before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416576969.218339.jpg

PeteStarks

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I am only seeing a few random issues with my 6 plus currently running 8.1 in Message and with the 3rd party keyboards. It is very hard to reproduce, but when swiping to reply to a text from my lock screen then unlocking with touch ID Message freezes up sometimes. The freeze will also happen sometimes if I click the banner notification to quick switch to the Messages app. This does not happen every time, but it happens enough to be annoying and is quickly solved by closing the app out in the task manager and reopening it.

I have both Swiftkey and Swype installed and they will sometimes get replaced by the stock keyboard very randomly or disappear completely inside the Message app. This is also fixed by just closing out of the app and then starting it fresh again.

Are these issues popping up in 8.1.1 for anyone or has anyone had them in 8.1? I see no real reason to update unless they managed to patch these and I have not found anyone talking about my issues specifically.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Was it only but when I updated to iOs 8.1.1 I had to reregister my credit cards for Apple Pay. Anyone else see this?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Was it only but when I updated to iOs 8.1.1 I had to reregister my credit cards for Apple Pay. Anyone else see this?

I've been able to continue to use Apple Pay after 8.1.1 without re-entering anything. Linked to a chase freedom card.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

did your phone come up with the "welcome" screen after update? my iPhone 6 did, iPad Mini (1st gen) did not. I wonder if that cleared anything out?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
did your phone come up with the "welcome" screen after update? my iPhone 6 did, iPad Mini (1st gen) did not. I wonder if that cleared anything out?

Yeah my iphone 6 did and I'm sure like you I panicked until I realised nothing was lost. My iPad mini however didn't do this!

I wonder why Apple are now making you select your wifi network again after the recent iOS updates. Gin are the days of an update that just reboots and leaves you where you were. Now we have to reconnect to wireless network and renter iCloud and whatever else I've forgotten came up!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I hate silly bugs like this, I just noticed when you are in a message chat and you tap details the bottom of the screen has a very thin line that appears to be part of the map! I've dragged the screen up slightly so it's easier to see on my screen grab. Apple used to be so tight with their development and you almost never had these silly bugs

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416705044.811103.jpg

PeteStarks

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and updated from 8.1 to 8.1.1 and if anyone is wondering this update DID NOT fix any of the issues I was having with Message freezing and my 3rd party keyboards. I might happen less often now, but I assume that is because I have not used it for more than 1 day.

I am about to downgrade to 8.1 on my 6 plus because I can not see any improvements or difference at all to the way my phone was running other than I lost the ability to jailbreak if I one day would like to.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes it did. I had to enter just about everything as if the phone was brand new out of the box. Not that it made any difference it was just an inconvenience. I used Apple Pay several times before the update.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I went ahead and updated from 8.1 to 8.1.1 and if anyone is wondering this update DID NOT fix any of the issues I was having with Message freezing and my 3rd party keyboards. I might happen less often now, but I assume that is because I have not used it for more than 1 day.

I am about to downgrade to 8.1 on my 6 plus because I can not see any improvements or difference at all to the way my phone was running other than I lost the ability to jailbreak if I one day would like to.

My daughter's iPhone 6 is still on iOs 8.1. All of a sudden she wasn't receiving any text messages, iMessage from other iPhones and text messages from non-iPhones. I did a hard reboot and all of the lost messages appeared. I'm hoping that that solves her text message problem for good.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's iPhone 6 is still on iOs 8.1. All of a sudden she wasn't receiving any text messages, iMessage from other iPhones and text messages from non-iPhones. I did a hard reboot and all of the lost messages appeared. I'm hoping that that solves her text message problem for good.

Also, just an extra tip, reset network settings and toggling off/back on for iMessage will also help "reconnect" things.

Plus, make sure in the settings/messages that "send as sms" is toggled on as well.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can't downgrade unless Apple is still signing 8.1. Thing is, 8.1.1 was for older phones mostly. Some of my issues were fixed on my iP 5 with 8.1.1. But I still have the messages app freezing. No more Safari freezes though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro