iOS 8.1.1 released

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
on mine if I start to type and then attach a photo, the photo sends when i hit "send photo" and then it goes back to my text... I'd rather it sent both at the same time. mine is an iPhone 6 as well (up to date but I don't think I've sent any photos on the most recent, but that's how it did before the most recent update)
Used it this morning and it's the same on 8.1.1 -- it retains what I typed before attaching and sending the photo. But I learned there is an "add comment" option! ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware of the difference between send photo and add comment but my point is that surely there should be a warning when tapping send photo if any text your have typed will be discarded. I keep forgetting out of habit and losing all the typed text I'd typed out prior to attaching a photo. Add comment to me assumes that you want to add an additional comment not keep what you've already typed.

Mine doesn't discard the text. I can still edit it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All the free apps in the App Store say get instead of free for me all of a sudden...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416424527.930780.jpg
Edit- my iPod on 8.1 also says get so I guess it's an App Store change

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't discard the text. I can still edit it.

Wait so if you start to type some text then press the camera icon that tach a photo and instead of choose all photos or take photo you tap one of the photo thumbnails so it puts a tick in then tap send photo it sends and keeps your text? Can others try this too as its odd how some do and some don't. I suspect you're not doing exactly as me. I'm aware if you tap add comment instead of send photo it retains the text but my issue is the send photo shouldn't discard any unsaved text.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I just encountered a strange thing. Received a call over my car's Bluetooth but the music I was streaming was still playing. It was very distracting. Especially since I was driving!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 6 and it doesn't seem like there's anything in there worthwhile
There's usually security updates we don't see. And not all updates are for everyone. But it's still a good idea to do all updates, regardless of what phone or device you use. This update was mostly bug fixes for older iDevices. It will help your 6 in 2 years or so. For now, you have the security updates.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All the free apps in the App Store say get instead of free for me all of a sudden...
View attachment 71756
Edit- my iPod on 8.1 also says get so I guess it's an App Store change

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yep. Probably because of all the In App Purchases. Those make the apps not free.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait so if you start to type some text then press the camera icon that tach a photo and instead of choose all photos or take photo you tap one of the photo thumbnails so it puts a tick in then tap send photo it sends and keeps your text? Can others try this too as its odd how some do and some don't. I suspect you're not doing exactly as me. I'm aware if you tap add comment instead of send photo it retains the text but my issue is the send photo shouldn't discard any unsaved text.

Start a text, i.e. "here's a pic"
Add photo, pick from camera roll
Hit "send photo"
Goes back to editing my "here's a pic" text

I never realized "add comment" was there until this thread.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hit "send photo"

That's really strange! When you say pick from camera roll are you tapping the photo thumbnail as per my attached images or are you actually tapping on Photo Library then selecting a photo as this only happens when you tap the thumbnail on the first screen.

Here's the deal....

1. Type out some text

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416438612.137530.jpg

2. Tap the Camera Icon on he left of the message box and then tap a photo thumbnail so a tick appears and then tap send photo.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416438674.880810.jpg

3. The photo then sends but the original text I'd typed is discarded!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416438723.695046.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hit "send photo"

You can do it either way. Tap to send photo, then hit send for text. Or add text with the photo. Then send.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's really strange! When you say pick from camera roll are you tapping the photo thumbnail as per my attached images or are you actually tapping on Photo Library then selecting a photo as this only happens when you tap the thumbnail on the first screen.

Here's the deal....

1. Type out some text

View attachment 71764

2. Tap the Camera Icon on he left of the message box and then tap a photo thumbnail so a tick appears and then tap send photo.

View attachment 71765

3. The photo then sends but the original text I'd typed is discarded!

View attachment 71766

Do a hard reset and try again.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that and still the same haha. It's bizarre it only affects me! Never heard of a bug with a stock iOS app only affecting some. It's usually all or nothing unless it's things like third party apps or wifi

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Darran, if you're in the middle of typing a text and then "send photo" in the middle of it, the text will be discarded. You have to tap "add comment" even if you were in the middle of typing text. Otherwise, it will be discarded if you decide to send just the photo.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods