iOS 8.1.1 released

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you done a re-boot. It's there for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Not yet. The message bar stays at the bottom, hiding the trash can and forward arrow. I'll reboot and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless this is an iPhone 6 bug? I'm using an iPhone 6....

on mine if I start to type and then attach a photo, the photo sends when i hit "send photo" and then it goes back to my text... I'd rather it sent both at the same time. mine is an iPhone 6 as well (up to date but I don't think I've sent any photos on the most recent, but that's how it did before the most recent update)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
on mine if I start to type and then attach a photo, the photo sends when i hit "send photo" and then it goes back to my text... I'd rather it sent both at the same time. mine is an iPhone 6 as well (up to date but I don't think I've sent any photos on the most recent, but that's how it did before the most recent update)

It's done this since iOS 8 for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

You'll notice the "add comment" button below the "send photo". This will take you back to the message you were typing with the photo, so you can then at that point send both together.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Mine does that way. Media and text are now independent of one another. So I like to send the text first, then the photo/video. But as stated above, they can be sent together. It's an extra step.

beckywc

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Since updating my iPad mini 2 to 8.1.1 I can no longer delete apps off my iPad. I long press the icons wiggle but the delete x is not present. Is anyone having this problem?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware of the difference between send photo and add comment but my point is that surely there should be a warning when tapping send photo if any text your have typed will be discarded. I keep forgetting out of habit and losing all the typed text I'd typed out prior to attaching a photo. Add comment to me assumes that you want to add an additional comment not keep what you've already typed.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get what this update is for and what's included in it. I can't find any info showing what's included in the update. i'm not going to waste my time if it's just for 4S and ipad 2 users.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't get what this update is for and what's included in it. I can't find any info showing what's included in the update. i'm not going to waste my time if it's just for 4S and ipad 2 users.
It was mostly for older phones that had issues with the messages app and Safari freezing up. It also smoothed out the roughness a bit on my 5. Battery is improved.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
There were security fixes that cover more than just those devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6590

With each iOS update, whether it specifies something for any of my devices I'm using, I update. There (seems to) always be something "under the hood" that Apple has usually made changes to or tightened up security wise.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm partially sad that I didn't get this update when I had my original Mini. I could of possibly keep it longer.... Though...

Finger print scanner, 64GB memory, and cellular data...

Nah I would of upgraded anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods