Ok, lol. Well yea know, Grandma's gotta make sure the grand babies stay happy...it's their job

Your welcome !!

I've got a question. What about iCloud? Does it work like Google Drive? Can i put a bunch of her apps in the cloud, and then pull them down whenever, without using storage space? Thanks again for your help.
    tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    11-24-2014 01:25 PM
    She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.
    You can update through iTunes and it will handle the temp space for you
    11-24-2014 01:38 PM
    She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.
    Have her delete messages, music and some apps. The music and apps can be reinstalled afterward. She can download the app Box, and upload photos and videos to it. Then delete them from the camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-24-2014 01:48 PM
    Have her delete messages, music and some apps. The music and apps can be reinstalled afterward. She can download the app Box, and upload photos and videos to it. Then delete them from the camera roll.

It's not the messages, or music. It's the apps. 7 or 8 pages of them. I need them off the phone to save storage space. Does iCloud work like Google Drive?
    11-24-2014 02:03 PM
    It's not the messages, or music. It's the apps. 7 or 8 pages of them. I need them off the phone to save storage space. Does iCloud work like Google Drive?
    Just delete the apps then. They can always be downloaded from the AppStore at no charge again using the same AppleId.
    11-24-2014 02:15 PM
    No, not really. Just delete a bunch of apps. They can be reinstalled after the update. Even any paid apps can be reinstalled. I had to do it when I updated to iOS 8. Look in her settings and see which apps take the most space, then delete them. She got Facebook? It's probably gotten big. It grows. Delete it. It can be reinstalled. Go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage. Go down the list of apps and tap on them and delete.
    11-24-2014 02:15 PM
    No, not really. Just delete a bunch of apps. They can be reinstalled after the update. Even any paid apps can be reinstalled. I had to do it when I updated to iOS 8. Look in her settings and see which apps take the most space, then delete them. She got Facebook? It's probably gotten big. It grows. Delete it. It can be reinstalled. Go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage. Go down the list of apps and tap on them and delete.
    O.K. I'll let her decide which ones to delete.
    11-24-2014 05:37 PM
    The best thing to do is to sync with iTunes first and ensure apps are syncing. Personally I do the following. Without my iphone plugged in I open iTunes on my computer and then delete all the apps and choose to send them to the recycle bin so they're physically deleted. THEN plug your iPhone in and choose file>device and transfer purchases from device. This copies all your installed apps to your iTunes. I then take screen grabs of each home screen and copy the image to my desktop. Then if you need to once you setup as a new iphone or delete various apps you can put them all back again by syncing with iTunes or drag and drop the ones you want and this is the easiest and quickest way to get your apps back again. The images of your home screen is just for reference so you can arrange them the same way and use the same folder names.

If I setup as a new device I use this method and it's really quick. The longest part it rearranging all the apps into the original folders!
    11-24-2014 07:30 PM
    Be sure she understands it's not permanent. She'll get the apps back, regardless if how it's done.

11-24-2014 10:26 PM
    I used Apple Pay several times before iOS 8.1.1 was released. Yesterday and today I tried to use it at 2 stores I have used Apple Pay before but no luck. I did a hard reset yesterday. The only thing I can think off is when I'm ready to pay I'm hitting pay by credit card on the checkout computer at the store. I don't remember if I did that before though.

Anyone else having problems Apple Pay after updating to iOS 8.1.1? I know I had to reload my credit cards after the update and the cards were verified with no problems.
    11-25-2014 01:02 PM
    I'm not giving up my jailbreak. I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-25-2014 01:50 PM
    Still easier to use iTunes!
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:42 PM
    Well I erased and restored my iP6 and reloaded my cards on Apple Pay. Will see tomorrow if that helped.

EDIT 1: Well after everything I did above I used Apply Pay at a local Subway. It worked great so I hope that problem is solved.
    Last edited by nr2d; 11-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    11-25-2014 08:12 PM
    I used Apple Pay several times before iOS 8.1.1 was released. Yesterday and today I tried to use it at 2 stores I have used Apple Pay before but no luck. I did a hard reset yesterday. The only thing I can think off is when I'm ready to pay I'm hitting pay by credit card on the checkout computer at the store. I don't remember if I did that before though.

Anyone else having problems Apple Pay after updating to iOS 8.1.1? I know I had to reload my credit cards after the update and the cards were verified with no problems.
    Yes - my card disappeared from  pay... Had to reload it. I only realized it after trying to use it a couple times and it wasn't working. Finally went in passbook and noticed no more credit showing in passbook. Had to re-add it.

Hopefully this doesn't happen every time there's an iOS update.
    11-27-2014 09:10 PM
    Is this update substantial enjoy enough for a 5s that it's worth moving to it? Now that there is a jailbreak for 8.1.1 I'm considering it. Opinions?
    11-30-2014 05:55 PM
    Is this update substantial enjoy enough for a 5s that it's worth moving to it? Now that there is a jailbreak for 8.1.1 I'm considering it. Opinions?
    I haven't noticed a difference with my 5S between 8.1 & 8.1.1 expect for the ipsw download size

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 06:05 PM
    I haven't noticed a difference with my 5S between 8.1 & 8.1.1 expect for the ipsw download size

Did it free up any space? I heard it gave back up to 500 MB?
    11-30-2014 06:06 PM
    When I installed it gave me almost 700 MB back on my iPad mini 16 GB.

11-30-2014 06:21 PM

Woah!!! I've got a 16GB 5s. I'd love to get that space back. LOL
    11-30-2014 06:28 PM

Same for me as well, in my iPad Air prior to the update I had 2.1gb avail, and after 8.1.1 I now have 3gb avail.

I also gained some back on my 5S but I don't recall exactly how much, but it also was a decent amount. I do see an improvement with wifi too. I didn't have any major wifi issues, on 8.1 but it would drop out every so often....now with 8.1.1 I have a stronger connection and *knock wood* that hasn't happened since.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    11-30-2014 06:28 PM
    Funny thing is. I never paid attention to how much storage an update used.
    11-30-2014 06:29 PM
    I got about 200 - 300 MB of storage back

11-30-2014 06:30 PM
    Well, so it can't hurt to update since there is a jailbreak anyways. I just always do a full restore, set up as new, then jailbreak before putting my stuff back on.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-30-2014 06:32 PM
    Anyone still having issues with Wifi?
    11-30-2014 06:46 PM
    Anyone still having issues with Wifi?
    Only after bring up control center my wifi will slow

11-30-2014 06:48 PM
215 ... 6789