Was it only but when I updated to iOs 8.1.1 I had to reregister my credit cards for Apple Pay. Anyone else see this?
    11-22-2014 09:44 AM
    Was it only but when I updated to iOs 8.1.1 I had to reregister my credit cards for Apple Pay. Anyone else see this?
    I've been able to continue to use Apple Pay after 8.1.1 without re-entering anything. Linked to a chase freedom card.
    11-22-2014 12:24 PM
    did your phone come up with the "welcome" screen after update? my iPhone 6 did, iPad Mini (1st gen) did not. I wonder if that cleared anything out?
    11-22-2014 02:49 PM
    did your phone come up with the "welcome" screen after update? my iPhone 6 did, iPad Mini (1st gen) did not. I wonder if that cleared anything out?
    Yeah my iphone 6 did and I'm sure like you I panicked until I realised nothing was lost. My iPad mini however didn't do this!

I wonder why Apple are now making you select your wifi network again after the recent iOS updates. Gin are the days of an update that just reboots and leaves you where you were. Now we have to reconnect to wireless network and renter iCloud and whatever else I've forgotten came up!
    11-22-2014 04:43 PM
    I hate silly bugs like this, I just noticed when you are in a message chat and you tap details the bottom of the screen has a very thin line that appears to be part of the map! I've dragged the screen up slightly so it's easier to see on my screen grab. Apple used to be so tight with their development and you almost never had these silly bugs

iOS 8.1.1 released-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1416705044.811103.jpg
    11-22-2014 08:10 PM
    I went ahead and updated from 8.1 to 8.1.1 and if anyone is wondering this update DID NOT fix any of the issues I was having with Message freezing and my 3rd party keyboards. I might happen less often now, but I assume that is because I have not used it for more than 1 day.

I am about to downgrade to 8.1 on my 6 plus because I can not see any improvements or difference at all to the way my phone was running other than I lost the ability to jailbreak if I one day would like to.
    11-22-2014 09:22 PM
    Yes it did. I had to enter just about everything as if the phone was brand new out of the box. Not that it made any difference it was just an inconvenience. I used Apple Pay several times before the update.
    11-23-2014 09:08 AM
    I went ahead and updated from 8.1 to 8.1.1 and if anyone is wondering this update DID NOT fix any of the issues I was having with Message freezing and my 3rd party keyboards. I might happen less often now, but I assume that is because I have not used it for more than 1 day.

I am about to downgrade to 8.1 on my 6 plus because I can not see any improvements or difference at all to the way my phone was running other than I lost the ability to jailbreak if I one day would like to.
    My daughter's iPhone 6 is still on iOs 8.1. All of a sudden she wasn't receiving any text messages, iMessage from other iPhones and text messages from non-iPhones. I did a hard reboot and all of the lost messages appeared. I'm hoping that that solves her text message problem for good.
    11-23-2014 09:11 AM
    My daughter's iPhone 6 is still on iOs 8.1. All of a sudden she wasn't receiving any text messages, iMessage from other iPhones and text messages from non-iPhones. I did a hard reboot and all of the lost messages appeared. I'm hoping that that solves her text message problem for good.
    Also, just an extra tip, reset network settings and toggling off/back on for iMessage will also help "reconnect" things.

Plus, make sure in the settings/messages that "send as sms" is toggled on as well.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    11-23-2014 09:32 AM

You can't downgrade unless Apple is still signing 8.1. Thing is, 8.1.1 was for older phones mostly. Some of my issues were fixed on my iP 5 with 8.1.1. But I still have the messages app freezing. No more Safari freezes though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-23-2014 09:50 AM
    So is everyone recommending stick with 8.1 on the iPhone 6? I feel like mine has a bit of lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-23-2014 10:14 AM
    You can't downgrade unless Apple is still signing 8.1. Thing is, 8.1.1 was for older phones mostly. Some of my issues were fixed on my iP 5 with 8.1.1. But I still have the messages app freezing. No more Safari freezes though.

8.1 is still being sign currently by Apple.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-23-2014 10:15 AM
    I successfully downgraded to 8.1 last night and only lost my touch ID fingerprints and apple pay info. I guess I'll wait for 8.2 because I see no difference between 8.1 and 8.1.1 on my 6 plus. Hope this helps someone not waste their time like I did. I can only assume the 8.1 signing window will close at any moment so don't get stranded on 8.1.1 with your shiney new phone for no reason at all
    11-23-2014 11:42 AM
    Does anyone get the big with 8.1.1 lock screen quick reply?

11-23-2014 11:12 PM
    No is having any of these issues?

11-24-2014 09:46 AM
    I hate silly bugs like this, I just noticed when you are in a message chat and you tap details the bottom of the screen has a very thin line that appears to be part of the map! I've dragged the screen up slightly so it's easier to see on my screen grab. Apple used to be so tight with their development and you almost never had these silly bugs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416705044.811103.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	72050
    How did you get that map with the profile photo? I don't see that on my iP 5. Is that a 6/6+ only feature?

11-24-2014 10:22 AM
    How did you get that map with the profile photo? I don't see that on my iP 5. Is that a 6/6+ only feature?

Oh it might be because that person is on my find friends list so is always sharing their location. If a contact you're chatting to within iMessage shares their location then it will appear in yours with the map also! You just tap More... Within an iMessage chat.
    kataran likes this.
    11-24-2014 10:40 AM
    My wife got this update on her 5S, but was unable to download it. Battery is at 100%, and wifi is on. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
    11-24-2014 11:43 AM
    My wife got this update on her 5S, but was unable to download it. Battery is at 100%, and wifi is on. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
    Hey grunt. Did she ck to see how much storage your wife has avail? Might not be enough room to download it.....?

Have either one of you tried a hard reboot, maybe try resetting network settings and sign back into wifi. Reboot the router also.

Just a couple of suggestions.

11-24-2014 11:48 AM
    Oh it might be because that person is on my find friends list so is always sharing their location. If a contact you're chatting to within iMessage shares their location then it will appear in yours with the map also! You just tap More... Within an iMessage chat.
    I get the map, but no profile pic in it. But I'm testing it by messaging myself. Maybe that's why.

11-24-2014 11:53 AM
    Hey grunt. Did she ck to see how much storage your wife has avail? Might not be enough room to download it.....?

Have either one of you tried a hard reboot, maybe try resetting network settings and sign back into wifi. Reboot the router also.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Good call. I think that it's a storage problem. She got a 16gb phone, with 2gb unused. Being a realtor, she keeps a lot of stuff on her phone. Thanks.
    11-24-2014 11:56 AM
    Good call. I think that it's a storage problem. She got a 16gb phone, with 2gb unused. Being a realtor, she keeps a lot of stuff on her phone. Thanks.
    Ok that could be the problem then. What message is she getting on the screen when she goes into settings/software update and then prompts it to update and install?

Does it come up saying unable to download because there isn't enough storage avail in the phone? Have your wife check that.

11-24-2014 12:02 PM
    Ok that could be the problem then. What message is she getting on the screen when she goes into settings/software update and then prompts it to update and install?

Does it come up saying unable to download because there isn't enough storage avail in the phone? Have your wife check that.

She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.
    11-24-2014 12:08 PM
    She gets no message, but it just won't install. She's got waaaay to many apps on that phone. A bunch, just for our grand daughter to play games with. We'll get it sorted out. Apple opened a new store about 10 miles from the house. Much better than the one 75 miles away. She's been wanting to check it out, so here's a perfect opportunity. Thanks for the help.
    Ok, lol. Well yea know, Grandma's gotta make sure the grand babies stay happy...it's their job

Your welcome !!

11-24-2014 12:11 PM
    I get the map, but no profile pic in it. But I'm testing it by messaging myself. Maybe that's why.

Yes it won't work with yourself. It will only show the picture if you try it with someone already on your find friends list OR if they explicitly share their location with you.
    11-24-2014 01:15 PM
215 ... 56789