It was suggested to me by iMore faithfuls, to let my battery drain to 0% and allow the iPhone to turn off automactically due to battery drainage and charge back to a full 100% without touching it (I know, hard to do...smile). When I did this a couple of times (twice), my battery life got MUCH better.
    I believe in this theory as well. In addition to doing this monthly, also whenever there is an iOS update I do this too.

So from my update yesterday on my 5S I ran it down till it shut off and now it's charging undisturbed till it reaches 100%

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    Looks as if I'm going to be playing with my 5c a lot today. I'd like to keep it in prime shape, even if it's not my daily driver.
    11-18-2014 09:51 AM
    Just checked this theory, and It worked on my 5s.
    Attachment 71683
    Running iOS 8.1.1
    That's odd as mine fails every time. Just to confirm this only happens if you start to type a message and before hitting send you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and then tap the image thumbnail then send photo rather than choosing photo library or take photo. You have to tap the image thumbnail that displays as your most recent image and it puts a tick on the image then gives you the option to send photo and when you do it cancels all the text you've typed.
    11-18-2014 10:45 AM
    Unless this is an iPhone 6 bug? I'm using an iPhone 6....
    11-18-2014 10:47 AM
    If you tap add comment instead of send photo it doesn't delete the text. The send photo option just immediately sends the image and ignores any un committed text you've already typed. I'd assume that the send photo option would send the photo but keep the unsent text in the message field for you to continue not completely discard it without warning.
    11-18-2014 10:49 AM
    That's odd as mine fails every time. Just to confirm this only happens if you start to type a message and before hitting send you tap the camera icon on the left of the message box and then tap the image thumbnail then send photo rather than choosing photo library or take photo. You have to tap the image thumbnail that displays as your most recent image and it puts a tick on the image then gives you the option to send photo and when you do it cancels all the text you've typed.
    I type a message, hit the camera icon, choose a photo from the lineup and press send. Both the message and photo send at the same time. I do not have to retype the message. I experimented a couple of times and it worked every time. I'm using a Verizon 5s on iOS 8.1.1
    11-18-2014 10:50 AM
    I mean this. Type out a message then tap the photo icon and as per my image just tap the image in the thumbnails at the top then send photo and it discards any open unsent text you may have entered already

iOS 8.1.1 released-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1416325939.587508.jpg
    11-18-2014 10:52 AM
    Tap add coment instead of send photo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 11:26 AM
    Does this fix third party keyboard issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 11:32 AM
    Tap add coment instead of send photo.

This

11-18-2014 11:37 AM
    Haha yeah I worked that out also but what's annoying is if you've already added a comment and then tap to add a photo it's not very helpful to just discard your type text when you choose send photo. I either want it to commit my already typed text with the photo or as it says just send the photo and leave the text as is so I can continue!

It's just annoying that it doesn't warn you that you will lose your typed text
    11-18-2014 11:53 AM
    Haha yeah I worked that out also but what's annoying is if you've already added a comment and then tap to add a photo it's not very helpful to just discard your type text when you choose send photo. I either want it to commit my already typed text with the photo or as it says just send the photo and leave the text as is so I can continue!

It's just annoying that it doesn't warn you that you will lose your typed text
    I just scroll back up the message box if I add a photo after I typed something.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 12:00 PM
    I feel you. The best thing to do is send feedback to Apple that this feature is counter intuitive.

Darran likes this.
    11-18-2014 01:08 PM
    Camera Roll now says "All Photos."

11-18-2014 01:20 PM
    I just scroll back up the message box if I add a photo after I typed something.

The problem is if you choose send photo you loose at imputed text that hadn't been sent. The only way you don't lose it is if you choose the add comment option then any text you've previously entered still remains with the picture attached. I'd expect pressing the send photo option would send the photo but keep your typed text allowing you to either send it there and then or continue typing.

This isn't really a problem it's more of an annoyance if you catch my drift. I often type a message to a friend about something and after a big long message I decide to google a photo of it to attach to the message and in doing so I keep losing all my typed text and all they get is a photo haha. I have to then quickly retype it all to explain the photo. That's unless I remember to tap add comment to keep any text previously entered.
    11-18-2014 01:33 PM
    Camera Roll now says "All Photos."

Mine still says camera roll
    iOS 8.1.1 released-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416335690.619745.jpg

11-18-2014 01:35 PM
    iOS 8.1.1 released-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416335751.275935.jpg I wonder why does mine say this. Is it because I use iCloud Photo Library.

11-18-2014 01:36 PM
    The problem is if you choose send photo you loose at imputed text that hadn't been sent. The only way you don't lose it is if you choose the add comment option then any text you've previously entered still remains with the picture attached. I'd expect pressing the send photo option would send the photo but keep your typed text allowing you to either send it there and then or continue typing.

This isn't really a problem it's more of an annoyance if you catch my drift. I often type a message to a friend about something and after a big long message I decide to google a photo of it to attach to the message and in doing so I keep losing all my typed text and all they get is a photo haha. I have to then quickly retype it all to explain the photo. That's unless I remember to tap add comment to keep any text previously entered.
    I do find it annoying too but at times the send photo is also helpful to me... I think Apple should add an option or something.

Darran likes this.
    11-18-2014 01:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416335751.275935.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	71701 I wonder why does mine say this. Is it because I use iCloud Photo Library.

I don't use iCloud at all so maybe that's why yours says all photos.

11-18-2014 01:38 PM
    what about jb ?
    11-18-2014 01:58 PM
    what about jb ?
    It's patched in iOS 8.1.1

11-18-2014 02:01 PM
    Upgraded our 6's. iPad mini one, and iPod fifth-generations. The older devices do seem zippier here. I hope Apple continues to Allow older devices instead of blocking the iOS updates. Some people especially kids with iPods cannot keep up with the hardware but still want the apps. My d friend has an iPod 4 does what she wants but can't update past ios 6 so she can't get most apps. I understand there are some limitations but it seems like completely blocking an iOS update instead of some features of it is not going to make people happy. I hope today's trend continues.
    11-18-2014 02:36 PM
    I do find it annoying too but at times the send photo is also helpful to me... I think Apple should add an option or something.

Yeah I agree I use the send photos lots I just wish it wouldn't discard any typed text without warning! Even though I'm aware I always forget haha. I must do it twice a week!
    11-18-2014 02:45 PM
    Did a full restore on my 5s. That along with Apple new update has really got my device running as smooth as 7.1.1
    11-18-2014 04:11 PM
    The freezing up issues in my messages app as well as in Safari seem to be fixed on my iP 5. No freeze up problems since last night when I updated. Battery life per charge seems better. It's not draining down as fast. I haven't noticed anything else. But those were my main and only concerns anyway. SwiftKey is working great. It was a good update for my 5.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    kataran likes this.
    11-18-2014 05:52 PM
    IVE FINALLY SOLVED IT!!!

What you're not told is this

Handoff must be turned on for both devices.

Bluetooth must be on for both devices.

The most important thing they don't tell you is the device your wish to handoff from MUST have the email or message you want to continue with open on the screen! As soon as you minimise the app to the background handoff doesn't recognise! It only recognises IF you leave the original OPEN on the first device!

Finally working!!! Cannot believe it was something so silly! No wonder people think it's flaky as its only recognising when they leave the app open onscreen! This should really be highlighted by Apple under the handoff toggle button!
    11-18-2014 06:49 PM
215 12345 ...