Anyone else not like iOS dialer

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't like it. It's beautiful to look at but no functionality, android dialer is 100 times better you start pressing the numbers in T9 fashion of the persons name and it brings up all the contacts with those letters in their name or contacts with those numbers in it. IOS needs to copy android again on this I think it's really fast and useful

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
GEEZ, that might take longer to find who I want than how I have it. I have the numbers I call the most set as Favorites. The rest are no problem to look up in contacts. I prefer my keypad as simple as possible.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Better solution: swipe down on the home screen to bring up Spotlight, start typing name (or number) of contact, tap and call when name appears.

Using the dialer to look up contacts is a far clunkier solution than what is actually available. Copying Android would actually not be better in this case.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Took a little getting used to at first.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I really like iOS 8 it changed everything I never used to like iPhone but I have a 5S now just little things I miss about android

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the dialer is that the buttons aren't squared like they used to be and edge to edge on the screen. They were bigger. But it's not that big a nuisance for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The dialed doesn't bother me at all, and to be honest, I rarely use it. 99% of the people or entities I call is done directly from my Contact list or by tapping on the number via Spotlight search or the web browser.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Better solution: swipe down on the home screen to bring up Spotlight, start typing name (or number) of contact, tap and call when name appears.

Using the dialer to look up contacts is a far clunkier solution than what is actually available. Copying Android would actually not be better in this case.

Wow genius. Never even thought of that. You sir are the man

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been using spotlight to dial out contacts which is a lot faster but I still prefer the android method on bringing the contacts up while typing the name on the dialer. Hopefully IOS will implement this sometime in the future

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73