ello!
    I have a rather picky issue that I hope can be resolved. The nifty little feature that Apple put in so we would know which app has been automatically updated with a little blue dot next to the app name is not behaving how I believe it should. I have disabled automatically updating of apps so I have to do it manually. But yet I get the damn little blue dot next to my manually updated apps. I would think that the whole idea of the blue dot is that it would be easier for people to know which app has been updated if they have automatic update on since they don't know when/which app has been updated, but I feel it's kinda pointless to get the damn blue dot if you update the apps manually.

I would not call that a feature, more of a bug. Anyone that has a little more insight if it's indeed working as intended or something that can be done about?
    10-30-2014 05:09 AM
    I am sorry the blue dot is bothering you- To the best of my knowledge you cannot get rid of it showing up unless you open said app and the dot goes away. I personally don't mind it or give it a second thought to be honest-
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-30-2014 06:07 AM
    The blue dot is not meant to indicate an app that was automatically updated. The dot indicates an app that hasn't been updated since it was updated.
    10-30-2014 07:53 AM
    I think you get the blue dot whether you update automatically or manually. I've saw this on my iPhone 5S and I have updated all of the iPhones manually. The dot just lets you know that the APP has been updated since you last used the APP.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:55 AM
    The dot indicates that an app has been updated and not yet used. Does not matter if it was an automatic or manual update.
    10-30-2014 08:09 AM
    ello!
    I have a rather picky issue that I hope can be resolved. The nifty little feature that Apple put in so we would know which app has been automatically updated with a little blue dot next to the app name is not behaving how I believe it should. I have disabled automatically updating of apps so I have to do it manually. But yet I get the damn little blue dot next to my manually updated apps. I would think that the whole idea of the blue dot is that it would be easier for people to know which app has been updated if they have automatic update on since they don't know when/which app has been updated, but I feel it's kinda pointless to get the damn blue dot if you update the apps manually.

I would not call that a feature, more of a bug. Anyone that has a little more insight if it's indeed working as intended or something that can be done about?
    The blue dot indicates an app that has not been accessed since being updated. It doesn’t matter how the app was updated. It’s not a bug - it’s working as designed.

Now, if you were running any beta apps through TestFlight, you’d also get a persistent orange dot, as well.

Attachment 70046
    10-30-2014 10:45 AM