I was just curious which color of the iOS QuickType keyboard you guys like more, the black like when you search spotlight, or the white like when you type an SMS?
    10-26-2014 12:32 PM
    I prefer the white one-
    10-26-2014 12:59 PM
    Black. I wish I could have the black keyboard system-wide.
    serglb and iDivergent like this.
    10-26-2014 02:07 PM
    Swiftkey is black
    Nanci likes this.
    10-26-2014 02:09 PM
    Swiftkey is black
    I know. I fooled around with several of the new keyboards for a while. I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy them as much as the stock iOS keyboard. I hope Apple eventually gives the option for a system-wide black theme keyboard. I know, #FirstWorldProblems
    sicario666 and Darran like this.
    10-26-2014 02:16 PM
    Haha me too. Luckily I'm jail token and bloard is actually one of the few tweaks that is already iOS 8 compatible.

Have a look lol.

Black or white keyboard.-imoreappimg_20141026_142305.jpg
    sicario666 and ctl904 like this.
    10-26-2014 03:23 PM
    Haha me too. Luckily I'm jail token and bloard is actually one of the few tweaks that is already iOS 8 compatible.

Have a look lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iMoreAppImg_20141026_142305.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	69643
    That's great news. I used Bloard with iOS 7, it worked flawlessly. I didn't realize a JB had been released for iOS 8, I'll have to look into it. Thanks!
    10-26-2014 04:04 PM
    Swiftkey is black
    Yeah but swift keys blows. Buggy, no keyboard shortcuts, no mic etc...
    10-26-2014 04:12 PM
    Bloard is like only jailbreak tweak I miss, Was it hard to install cydia though ? and didnt care either for swiftkey myself everything tried just doesnt come close to stock.
    10-27-2014 01:19 AM
    Bloard is like only jailbreak tweak I miss, Was it hard to install cydia though ? and didnt care either for swiftkey myself everything tried just doesnt come close to stock.
    The process of installing Cydia was virtually painless.
    10-27-2014 02:31 AM
    How do you change the keyboard color for iP6? Is it a default feature in iOS already?
    10-27-2014 09:37 AM
    Black. Ios 8 has too much white.
    serglb likes this.
    10-27-2014 02:14 PM
    Black
    10-27-2014 04:11 PM
    White.
    10-27-2014 06:05 PM
    Yeah but swift keys blows. Buggy, no keyboard shortcuts, no mic etc...
    No need for shortcuts with predictive keyboards. I can type 3 of the first letters of my email address and it shows up in the word spot. The entire email address. You can use entire phrases or sentences several times and the predictive keyboard will remember. I do sentences by typing only words. No letters. I don't need shortcuts.

I prefer Black or dark.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    10-27-2014 06:18 PM
    How do you change the keyboard color for iP6? Is it a default feature in iOS already?
    Default iOS keyboard can't be changed. What you get is what you get.
    10-27-2014 06:23 PM
    No need for shortcuts with predictive keyboards. I can type 3 of the first letters of my email address and it shows up in the word spot. The entire email address. You can use entire phrases or sentences several times and the predictive keyboard will remember. I do sentences by typing only words. No letters. I don't need shortcuts.

I prefer Black or dark.

I hate typing in acronyms. However I used to when I was younger because it was faster and thus, some phrases I'm just used to using acronyms for. Now I have keyboard shortcuts to turn ty into thank you automatically or btw into by the way. That's why I use keyboard shortcuts. Not to auto finish an email address.
    10-28-2014 12:50 PM
    Really wish we had the choice of the black or white as much prefer the black. Hope it's something they add.
    10-28-2014 04:16 PM
    I hate typing in acronyms. However I used to when I was younger because it was faster and thus, some phrases I'm just used to using acronyms for. Now I have keyboard shortcuts to turn ty into thank you automatically or btw into by the way. That's why I use keyboard shortcuts. Not to auto finish an email address.
    The email was an example. I can type 3 words just as fast as you can type 3 letters. That's my point. If you type "Thank you" several times, the predictive keyboard remembers it. So when you start to type, it offers the words. Using shortcuts is ok, but I ended up with too many and couldn't remember most of them. But typing a whole sentence by typing only words is neat.

10-29-2014 09:48 AM
    The email was an example. I can type 3 words just as fast as you can type 3 letters. That's my point. If you type "Thank you" several times, the predictive keyboard remembers it. So when you start to type, it offers the words. Using shortcuts is ok, but I ended up with too many and couldn't remember most of them. But typing a whole sentence by typing only words is neat.

I understand you, I honestly think that's great, and am glad it's works good for you. However for me because I'm not really used to predictive text it's easier to just tap out a sentence and use atm, btw, or ty without even thinking about it and have it correctly type what I actually want.

I'm envious of people that use predictive text and type complete sentences at lightning speed but it'd take me so long to stop and think about it.

That's why I like keyboard shortcuts haha.

Oh and I don't really need to remember them because I have them set for things I use every day haha. That's why predictive text works better for you and shortcuts work better for me.
    10-29-2014 04:46 PM
    I prefer the black or a dark keyboard mainly because it's easier to read the keys, particularly on a small 5S screen. I'm ok with the white keyboard on the iPad, as it is much larger.
    10-29-2014 05:04 PM
    I'm with you i highly disagree with the fact that it is possible and maybe needed to bring third party keyboards toto iOS 8, iOS 8 is much better if Apple would release themes for their own keyboard, to start on iOS 8.0.2 with only black and white and then release a beta version for developers with more themes to see if it's working and then release the final version in iOS 8.1/x
    Swiftkey is black
    I dislike the use of third party apps while my default Apple services should work the best ( read above )
    11-03-2014 07:58 AM
    I still think Apple should allow the choice of black or white But after going back to the stock white keyboard for the past three days I like it WAAAY more than the black. So much cleaner.
    01-09-2015 12:23 AM