Third Party cables no longer working?

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Ever since updating to iOS 8.1, my third party cables are no longer working to charge my iPad Air. I get the typical Accessory Not Supported error message when plugging in to charge. These are Belkin Lightning cables I am using. Anyone else experience the same?

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Moshi (?) lightning cable...tried it just now with my iPad Mini2 and iPhone 6, both running 8.1, and everything worked just as it should.

kuuipo2006

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem, except I get a DISCHARGE, all the way to 0! My original iPhone 6 cable works perfectly with the same charger, yet I can charge my iPhone 6 with my 3rd party cable. Seems to just be something with 3rd party cables and the iPad air.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a third party cable and an iPad Air that is on 8.1 and just charged it to full last night with no issues. I'll keep an eye out.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
If they are not "Apple Certified" then this is the risk you take buying 3rd party cables. Generally if the cables are significantly cheaper than the actual Apple Lightning cables then they are probably not certified. And if they are Apple certified, it would have definitely been stated on the packaging. My Apple certified Monoprice lightning cables all working fine...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My 3rd party cables work until I hit 100% and then get an error that it may not be supported, but yet it is.. and works fine.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm running 8.1.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air and am using all Anker branded stuff for charging, including a high amperage charging base and Anker branded cables. I dare to say that these are higher quality than even the Apple cables!

iMoreAppImg_20141217_052613.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 10' MFi Certified monoprice lightning cable works fine except for where it's worn a bad spot that shorts out. When it shorts, I get the message. But it's my fault for using my phone so much while charging. I don't think I can fix it. It lasted me 7 months. They've gone up $5 since I got it. I like having a 10' cable. My Wife uses an off brand MFi Certified cable with no issues on her 5c. When my monoprice is not shorting out, it works fine.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bluearkie

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have certified monoprice usb lightning. Certified for iphone, ipads etc. it worked for a month without issue. Now it dont work.says not supported etc. it has not been damaged. I like monoprice but some things are not made well. They should not certify as for ipads. Just be aware and take your chances. Also, it could be Apple just being jerks for profit advantage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73